This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Just Made The Most Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Ever

suepooh4

suepooh4 Contributor

Hi,

I just made the most moist chocolate chip banana bread ever. My sister in law made this bread and brought it to our house last Christmas eve (only thing is she made it with Regular flour, she doesn't have celiac, my husband does). I have been asking her for the recipe and I got it the other day and thought I would try to make it for my husband, Jeff but with rice flour and add xantham gum. Well it turned out GREAT. We can't stop eatting it. I think it is so moist because it has 1/2 cup heavy cream.

Heres the recipe

1 3/4 cups rice flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. baking powder

5 TBSP butter (softened)

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup light brown sugar

1 large egg

2 egg whites

1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)

1 tsp. vanilla extract

1/2 cup heavy cream

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided

1/2 tsp. xantham gum

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat 9x5 inch loaf pan with crisco, set aside

2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in medium bowl; stir to mix well.

3. Place butter in large bowl; beat at medium speed until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugars; beat in egg

and egg whites. Reduce speed to low; beat in bananas. Beat in vanilla. Beat in flour mixture in 2

additions alternately with heavy cream. Stir in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.

4. Spoon batter into prepared pan; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 chocolate chips. Bake 55 to 60 minutes

or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack; remove

from pan and cool completely on wire rack.

If you do try this recipe please if you don't mind let me know what you think (if you have the time)

Thanks and ENJOY

Sue

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Emily Elizabeth Enthusiast

Thanks for sharing! I plan to try this tomorrow!

kbabe1968 Enthusiast

I think I'm going to try this today too...well...tonight....

I have some bananas going too fast on me! Also actually have 1 cup of chips! LOL.

I'll let ya know how it turns out! :D

wolfie Enthusiast

I am making this right now and it smells heavenly!!! I can't wait to have a piece!!!

I'll post back and let you know what my family thinks. :)

sickchick Community Regular

Copying the recipe... thank you! :)

Gonna try it tomorrow...

lovelove

sickchick

wolfie Enthusiast

This bread is TDF!!!! So moist and yummy!!! DS is stuffing his face right now with a couple pieces for breakfast. He keeps saying how good it is after every bite!!

Definitely a must try!!!

Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe!

suepooh4 Contributor
This bread is TDF!!!! So moist and yummy!!! DS is stuffing his face right now with a couple pieces for breakfast. He keeps saying how good it is after every bite!!

Definitely a must try!!!

Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe!

I'm glad your DS is enjoying it. It is a very moist tasty bread, if you have any left it will last for several days and will still be just as moist.

Sue

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

This will be the next thing I can try with my coworkers.

MMM banana bread always tastes better the second day :lol:;)

I'm going on my walk, then going to the store HAHAHA

happhappy

sickchick

Felidae Enthusiast

Wow, that recipe looks great. I'll try to find some time to bake it.

goldyjlox Contributor

What do you use for heavy cream?? Sorry I am new to all this, and if you cant have dairy can you suggest something to take its place??

Thanks.

suepooh4 Contributor
What do you use for heavy cream?? Sorry I am new to all this, and if you cant have dairy can you suggest something to take its place??

Thanks.

Hi,

If you can't have dairy, maybe you can try either water or use applesauce in place of the heavy cream. I know that when my Mom doesn't want the fat from oil when baking she replaces it with applesauce. I hope this helps.

If anyone else has any suggestions about replacing the cream (if you can't have dairy) please post.

Thanks,

Sue

wolfie Enthusiast

I posted the other day about making this and how much DS loved it. I have to tell you all that one of my best friends also tried it and loved it (she is not gluten-free) and wanted the recipe. I really can't say enough good things about this bread. One large loaf was gone within 2-3 days, with DS eating the majority of it! LOL!

suepooh4 Contributor
I posted the other day about making this and how much DS loved it. I have to tell you all that one of my best friends also tried it and loved it (she is not gluten-free) and wanted the recipe. I really can't say enough good things about this bread. One large loaf was gone within 2-3 days, with DS eating the majority of it! LOL!

Hi,

I'm glad your best friend loved it too. Our 4 children and I also love this bread and we don't have to be gluten free, just my husband, Jeff. When my sister in law who also isn't gluten free gave me the recipe, I just used rice flour and xantham gum instead of regular flour and I couldn't believe how great it tasted, it tasted just like the regular loaf she brought over our house.

Sue

Felidae Enthusiast

Thanks.

You could use coconut milk.

Ok ok I made them~ B) I made them into muffins though! And the recipe worked wonderfully very good job! :)

I might make more and keep them in a freezer for a snack

Archived