Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest lorlyn

Overheating

Guest lorlyn

Does any one's children seem not do as well as other children without Celiac when they get overheated? My brotherin law has MS and has been told not to get overheated. Since my 10 year old has problms when she gets to hot I was wondering if it is the autoimune thing or the result of Having Celiac. Any thoughts would be most helpful.

Thanks

What kind of problems does your daughter have? My son has always been a big sweater and more recently has been feeling sick to his stomach (like he is going to vomit) and week in the legs (says his legs are shaky) when it is too hot. I just figured he was one of those people that cannot handle the heat.

Nicole

Does any one's children seem not do as well as other children without Celiac when they get overheated? My brotherin law has MS and has been told not to get overheated. Since my 10 year old has problms when she gets to hot I was wondering if it is the autoimune thing or the result of Having Celiac. Any thoughts would be most helpful.

Thanks

Yep, yep! My daughter that has hoshimoto's disease (thyroid - another autoimune disease) gets very red and overheated everytime she plays a sport, it has always scared me. She has earned the Presidental Fitness award, and is very atheletic so the gym teacher has always told me. She plays softball, and this always happens, at least for the last 4 years - this year we had cut most of her gluten, and did much better. For the last two weeks we have cut most processed foods, and she even seems to be doing even better. She trys out for the 7th grade basketball team starting next week, and I am extremely worried, but I have my hopes that being gluten free completly now it will be better...

Guest j_mommy

I do not handle heat well at all!!! I was DX'd in April but have had syptoms as a Child. You could have rung me out when I was younger playing sports and my son is the same way...little nuclear plant!

Nicole....the shaky and sick to the stomach sound like heat exhaustion!!!

Guest lorlyn

Thanks for the input. My husband and my 10 year old daughter are to the best of our knowledge are gluten free. My husband owns his own business and always had to work through the heat and now since he has Celiac the heat just wipes him out. Our daughter has played soccer for three years and recently quit because she could not handle getting so hot. I wanted to know what how the heat affected other people. Thanks alot.