Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guhlia

Creamed Chipped Beef On Toast

This morning I made creamed chipped beef on toast for my family. This is the first time I've had it in over 3 years (since my dx). We used to go out to breakfast every Sunday morning and this is what I would get every single time. Anyway, it was a wonderful success and it tasted almost better than what I remember. :)

3 oz. chipped dried beef

4 Tbsp butter

4 Tbsp white rice flour

2 cups milk

Black pepper to taste

Melt butter in frying pan on medium heat. Add beef and saute for 5 minutes. Slowly sift in rice flour while whisking gently. Add milk VERY slowly to avoid clumping. If you like thinner creamed chipped beef you may want to add 2-1/2 cups of milk. Add black pepper to taste. Serve over gluten free toast.

Enjoy!!!

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

This morning I made creamed chipped beef on toast for my family. This is the first time I've had it in over 3 years (since my dx). We used to go out to breakfast every Sunday morning and this is what I would get every single time. Anyway, it was a wonderful success and it tasted almost better than what I remember. :)

3 oz. chipped dried beef

4 Tbsp butter

4 Tbsp white rice flour

2 cups milk

Black pepper to taste

Melt butter in frying pan on medium heat. Add beef and saute for 5 minutes. Slowly sift in rice flour while whisking gently. Add milk VERY slowly to avoid clumping. If you like thinner creamed chipped beef you may want to add 2-1/2 cups of milk. Add black pepper to taste. Serve over gluten free toast.

Enjoy!!!

YUMMMMM! Did you come up with this recipe yourself? I am printing it now! Thank you so much for sharing!

-Julie :)

Loves of my life: God, my hubby, and my baby boy!

"I will never give up on my dreams; I will simply modify my path for reaching them." (JH-me).

"Life's a dance you learn as you go, sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow"

(John Michael Montgomery).

"I'm gonna be somebody, one of these days I'm gonna break these chains" (Travis Tritt).

"Life is better left to chance. I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance."

(Garth Brooks).

It is modified considerably from the recipe on the bag of dried beef. I bought pre-packaged dried beef to avoid the whole deli slicer dilemna. LOL Anyway, we poured it over Kinnikinnick's cheese tapioca bread and it was absolutely phenomenal! I think it was even better than what I remember.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004