Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guhlia

Creamed Chipped Beef On Toast

This morning I made creamed chipped beef on toast for my family. This is the first time I've had it in over 3 years (since my dx). We used to go out to breakfast every Sunday morning and this is what I would get every single time. Anyway, it was a wonderful success and it tasted almost better than what I remember. :)

3 oz. chipped dried beef

4 Tbsp butter

4 Tbsp white rice flour

2 cups milk

Black pepper to taste

Melt butter in frying pan on medium heat. Add beef and saute for 5 minutes. Slowly sift in rice flour while whisking gently. Add milk VERY slowly to avoid clumping. If you like thinner creamed chipped beef you may want to add 2-1/2 cups of milk. Add black pepper to taste. Serve over gluten free toast.

Enjoy!!!

This morning I made creamed chipped beef on toast for my family. This is the first time I've had it in over 3 years (since my dx). We used to go out to breakfast every Sunday morning and this is what I would get every single time. Anyway, it was a wonderful success and it tasted almost better than what I remember. :)

3 oz. chipped dried beef

4 Tbsp butter

4 Tbsp white rice flour

2 cups milk

Black pepper to taste

Melt butter in frying pan on medium heat. Add beef and saute for 5 minutes. Slowly sift in rice flour while whisking gently. Add milk VERY slowly to avoid clumping. If you like thinner creamed chipped beef you may want to add 2-1/2 cups of milk. Add black pepper to taste. Serve over gluten free toast.

Enjoy!!!

YUMMMMM! Did you come up with this recipe yourself? I am printing it now! Thank you so much for sharing!

-Julie :)

It is modified considerably from the recipe on the bag of dried beef. I bought pre-packaged dried beef to avoid the whole deli slicer dilemna. LOL Anyway, we poured it over Kinnikinnick's cheese tapioca bread and it was absolutely phenomenal! I think it was even better than what I remember.