Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

horsegirl

Casein Free Too?

I got my results back from Enterolab, which showed I'm gluten-intolerant, as well as having the HLA-DQ1,1 gene (2 copies of it). Plus, it says I have the antibodies for casein too. I'm waiting for the results of my biopsy from Friday, to see if I'm "officially" celiac.

My question is, since I have the antibodies to casein too, do I HAVE to go casein free now?

I'm back gluten free again (4 days now!) and that's a hard adjustment, though I know my fibromyalgia symptoms will go away without gluten in my system. What happens if I don't go casein-free too? That seems so overwhelming, being gluten & casein free! (And having a husband & preschooler who eat normally).

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I am also casein free and it's not that hard. It was really hard in the beginning, but it gets easier. Since you have the antibodies, you should stay away from it. If nothing else, a lot of people go casein free at the beginning (few months or so) until the villi repair themselves. It is up to you. I never noticed that dairy was bothering me until I went cf and now I get really bad migraine headaches when I eat it, so it's not worth it.

Kassandra