Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tabdegner

Enjoy Life Snickerdoodle Cookies

I LOVE these cookies!!! But there are usually out of stock at my local health food stores and they are expensive!!! Anyone have a recipie for cookies that taste like these? YUM!!

Sorry, I don't have a recipe for you but I wanted to post a couple of thoughts.

I would think that if you could find a recipe that has a date base and cinnamon as the spice flavoring that would be your best bet and a good match to these cookies.

These are the ingredients in the Snickerdoodles:

Sorghum Flour; Date Paste; Grape, Apple and Pear Juice Concentrates; Pure Cane Brown Sugar; Expeller-Pressed Vegetable Oil (Safflower Oil and/or Sunflower Oil); Natural Rice Dextrin; Ground Flaxseed; Water; Baking Soda; Xanthan Gum; Vanilla; Salt; Cinnamon; Rosemary Extract

In my opinion the date paste is what makes them so soft, and gummy-like in texture.

I don't have an actual recipe but when my daughter was first diagnosed, I bought a box of Rice Polish. I believe it was Ener-G brand. After buying a bunch of cookbooks, I realized I had no clue what to do with the stuff. So I looked on the box and followed the recipe for cookies on there. I rolled them in cinnamon and sugar and they tasted just like the regular Snickerdoodles I used to make. So you might try that. Or you could try ordering the cookies online.