Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tiffjake

Coconut Milk Instead Of Water In Pamela's Bread

I heard about this at a cooking class at McGovern's Organics in Austin. She said that something about the coconut milk protien made the bread hold together better. I don't know how or why, but it was the best gluten-free bread I have ever had!!! You just use coconut milk instead of the water or cow's milk. :)

EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes

DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005

Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.

THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I heard about this at a cooking class at McGovern's Organics in Austin. She said that something about the coconut milk protien made the bread hold together better. I don't know how or why, but it was the best gluten-free bread I have ever had!!! You just use coconut milk instead of the water or cow's milk. :)

OH!!! And you use a thermometer to check the bread, and pull it out at 200* instead of just going by time. That made a huge difference with my bread too!!

EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes

THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

Wow, that's great! I assume it would work for all bread mixes, not just Pamela's......?

My mom was dx'd Celiac in her 80's after a life time of stomach troubles. I am fine however.

2nd daughter born in 2000

An agitated kid since birth, non-compliant attitude, dx'd with PDDNOS in 2003, ADHD in 2006

Had ongoing facial rash since 2004 -- tested for Lupus -- negative, discovered a high antibody count.

Never complained of stomach ache

Wow, that's great! I assume it would work for all bread mixes, not just Pamela's......?

I don't know, I have only tried it in the one...but I would think so!