Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oceangirl

Too Far-fetched? Floral Arrangement Wheat

Hi Everyone,

Recently suffered a suspected glutening after a FABULOUS month (Wow!) and, once again, can't pinpoint the culprit. I work doing floral design in summers and the day before the hideous night was in a loft cleaning tons of old, dried flowers and WHEAT (used in arrangements). Dust was everywhere although I was being careful. Is it possible I inhaled some "wheat dust' which then gave me a reaction? Or am I nuts? Again, gluten-free household for over a year, soy, dairy, corn, legume and nightshade-free, eat only what I make, no new cosmetics, tra la la...

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

lisa

Your not nuts. If your inhaling the dust it is not only contacting your mucous membranes it is also dripping in your mucous down your throat. Think of how many times in just a few minutes you swallow your own spit even. If you ever have to do this again at least wear a mask.

Hi Lisa--

Yes, I agree. It's the reason why I don't have wheat flours or mixes in the house--the dust will be breathed in and then swallowed. The dust from the dried wheat is really no different.

Hope you get back to feeling better soon :)