Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holdthegluten

Upper Right Gi Tenderness

I seem to have upper right tenderness when i bloat, but not any where else. It is right below my ribcage on the middle/right side. I think it is possible inflammation in my Duodenum. Does anyone else get this. Shouldnt the inflammation in my duodenum go down (this was where my doctor took a biopsy 7 months ago and diagnosed me with celiac. It makes it hard to breath at times. Anyone relate, could this be some other issue. It seems to swell up a little off and on throughout the day.

have you had your gallbladder and pancraese (okay I just totaly botched the spelling of that, i'm having a senior moment here) checked? that is typically where the gallbaldder is located. i had a gallbladder attack late last year before being dx'ed- ugh. worse pain of my life!

I agree, it sounds like a gallbladder issue. I actually had mine removed two years before I was even tested for celiac disease. I had intense pain in my upper right quadrant, (under the ribcage). Since I wasn't the "typical" patient for a gallbladder issue, I suffered for about a month before they would finally listen to me. Turns out I did have a problem with my gb....I didn't work at all! I was 21 at the time and very thin so I didn't fit the stereotypical gallstone patient, but they ended up giving me some test that monitors the flow of the gb and realized that I didn't work at all. I truly believe that if they would have tested me for celiac disease first I would still have my gallbladder. My mother has also had the same symptoms....intense pain on the right side, under the rib cage. She had her gb removed a year before me. Nothing helps the pain, (I was on Morphine in the ER for 2 days and it didn't touch that spot!) Good luck...I hope this helps!

have you had your gallbladder and pancraese (okay I just totaly botched the spelling of that, i'm having a senior moment here) checked? that is typically where the gallbaldder is located. i had a gallbladder attack late last year before being dx'ed- ugh. worse pain of my life!

It is not painful at all, just tender to the touch when bloated.

I'm having the same trouble but on the left side. I had a ultra-sound done two days ago but everything looked normal, my doctor said. It doesn't feel normal, so I'm frustrated. I do know I have a hiatal hernia, so maybe that's it. You may want to try the symptom checker on Web MD . . . that might help you scope out the possibilities.

I hope you feel better soon.

• Forum Discussions

You can try the AIP diet. It is very effective for treating IBS. Migraines are often linked to IBS. https://autoimmunewellness.com/aip-medical-study-results/ Also NAC an antioxidant that can cross the blood brain barrier. http...
    Well this year for Christmas we are doing something different, past I always hosted..and well some family issues meant my family generally either skipped or came a few days later to eat. This year my parents are finally having Christmas...
    Hey!  I found this article and I wondered if.... https://www.thehealthy.com/nutrition/medical-mystery-scurvy-2012/ It's about a man with scurvy, yep, Vitamin C deficiency!  Do you think your symptoms are similar? And this a...