Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lisa Joy

For Those In Southern California

I went to dinner tonight with a friend to Mimi's restaurant in San Bernardino, Ca

I, of course began by telling our server about Celiac and apologizing ahead of time if I'm a pain.

The next thing I knew the Manager came to my table with a note book in hand. He has just been moved to this location, and told me what at the former location he had several regular customers and and employee who were Celiacs. So, this wonderful man began to put together a notebook with the ingredients in every sauce, dressing, soup, etc on the menu. He was able to tell me exactly what was in the sauce on the Salmon, and what salad dressing was safe.

He; however, could not suggest a gluten free bread :~)

As most of you know eating out can be very frustrating. This guy made the experience a joy!!

i know I will be eating there on a regular basis now. I hope all of you in this area will go and thank him for his efforts.

Lisa

I have been to a couple of Mimi's in Riverside County before. I printed out their gluten free menu. I had a terrible waitress who brought me gravy on my roast beef and croutons on my salad and none on my friend's. We were there for lunch and were late getting back because of all the mistakes.

I had a better experience at another location when I ordered salmon.

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Top Posters +

1. 1
    2. 2
      RMJ
      RMJ
    3. 3
    4. 4
    5. 5
    6. YOU