Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest thatchickali

Urgent Dishwasher Question

Guest thatchickali

So I have non-celiac room mates, they arrive tomorrow. Is it safe to wash our dishes together in the dishwasher?

If not, is it safe to wash them seperately in the same dishwasher. Like their dishes and then take those out and wash mine??

Any advice?

My nutritionist* said that things that go through the dishwasher are "safe."

This EXCLUDES anything that is scratched, teflon or wood.

I live with two gluten eaters.

I have my own giant tub of clearly labeled pots, pans, utensils, storage containers.

I wash all of these items by hand, and put them back in the bin.

I use drinking glasses, coffee cups, silverware and UNCHIPPED plates and bowls that go through the dishwasher. I do not share ANY plastic, wood, or cookware.

I tend to look over each of these shared items before using them. When in doubt, I eat directly from my special containers.

Not everyone does this, so you need to do what works for you and what you feel comfortable with.

*I lucked out BIG TIME. My nutritionist has celiac and dh.

She also mentioned it is important to cover ALL food you put in the microwave. (Gluten flies about and can stick to the top and sides an settle on your food)

I didnt know about the microwave having flying gluten i did however see all the nasty disgusting food "splatters" others had left.... aint none of their gross stuff falling into my food!