Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sarah8793

Are There Any Other Causes For Floating Stools Besides Gluten?

Non-soluble fiber.

One source is the hulls of untreated corn. They are not digestible by humans.

Depending on the consistency of your stools, they can float.

Are you eating a lot of fiber?

Popcorn is a PERFECT cause of this.

It depends on how quickly your body digests and processes food, when you will see them in your stools. (It also depends on how frequently you have stools.)

Hopefully others will have more knowledge, as to "if this is ok/normal." But it sounds like corn to me.

Just wondering after reading another post here, because I have been gluten for over a year now and I still get floating stools once in a while?

I was recently told this by a doctor -

After you are gluten free for a while - stools are good to be floating, it means that - everything is being digested properly, and your intestines are doing their job. ( I am not referring to D - ) If the stools are heavy/sinkers, that means it took a while for everything to go through your system, pushing things up against the colon walls for longer periods of time and waste that lays around in your colon is not good for you.

Also, I know if you take a probiotic it helps with bacteria speeding up the waste process, depending how good the probiotic is working for you.

I was recently told this by a doctor -

After you are gluten free for a while - stools are good to be floating, it means that - everything is being digested properly, and your intestines are doing their job. ( I am not referring to D - ) If the stools are heavy/sinkers, that means it took a while for everything to go through your system, pushing things up against the colon walls for longer periods of time and waste that lays around in your colon is not good for you.

Also, I know if you take a probiotic it helps with bacteria speeding up the waste process, depending how good the probiotic is working for you.

Thanks for explaining this. I'm feeling a little better now that I have read everyone's responses. :)

We were told that floating stools can also mean Malabsorption problems and that you may need to take more B vitamins. ?? Don't know how correct that is, but might be worth checking into.

• Forum Discussions

You can try the AIP diet. It is very effective for treating IBS. Migraines are often linked to IBS. https://autoimmunewellness.com/aip-medical-study-results/ Also NAC an antioxidant that can cross the blood brain barrier. http...
    Well this year for Christmas we are doing something different, past I always hosted..and well some family issues meant my family generally either skipped or came a few days later to eat. This year my parents are finally having Christmas...
    Hey!  I found this article and I wondered if.... https://www.thehealthy.com/nutrition/medical-mystery-scurvy-2012/ It's about a man with scurvy, yep, Vitamin C deficiency!  Do you think your symptoms are similar? And this a...