This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Candida Test?

holdthegluten

holdthegluten Rising Star

Are there any at home candida tests that are accurate that i can order online. My GI doctor doesnt believe in Candida Overgrowth.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

scotty Explorer
Are there any at home candida tests that are accurate that i can order online. My GI doctor doesnt believe in Candida Overgrowth.

get a new doctor. or talk with a naturopath

sickchick Community Regular

Good luck, candida is no fun I am systemic

Here, have you done this? Open Original Shared Link

burdee Enthusiast

My naturopath gave me a Comprehensive Stool Bacteria, Yeast and Parasite test. That's a take home stool test, which you send to a lab. I didn't have abnormal amounts of Candida yeast (fungus), but my test results did show an overgrowth of the Klebsiella bacteria. My naturopath treated that with caprylic acid and then probiotics to reestablish healthy bacteria. However my SIL did have high levels of Candida fungus which caused her symptoms. So our naturopath prescribed Nystatin and then high intensity probiotics to reestablish healthy bacteria. Her candida symptoms disappeared, after years of candida symptoms.

Most docs know zip about stool tests except the 'occult blood' cancer screening test. I've taken the Comprehensive Stool test 3X for my symptoms and learned my good bacteria were severely depleted by bad bacteria each time. However my HMO won't reimburse for stool tests. I suspect they're don't understand the usefulness of those tests.

BURDEE

lorka150 Collaborator

After four months of different treatments, I went to my naturopath and it turned out I have candida. When I talked to the doctor the next week (I had seen her consistently), she said she was going to suggest the naturopath, anyway (which was awesome, in my opinion).

Like Burdee, I had 'real' tests done. The so-called saliva test and so on are bogus.

• 4 months later...
Seasquirt Newbie
My naturopath gave me a Comprehensive Stool Bacteria, Yeast and Parasite test. That's a take home stool test, which you send to a lab. I didn't have abnormal amounts of Candida yeast (fungus), but my test results did show an overgrowth of the Klebsiella bacteria. My naturopath treated that with caprylic acid and then probiotics to reestablish healthy bacteria. However my SIL did have high levels of Candida fungus which caused her symptoms. So our naturopath prescribed Nystatin and then high intensity probiotics to reestablish healthy bacteria. Her candida symptoms disappeared, after years of candida symptoms.

Most docs know zip about stool tests except the 'occult blood' cancer screening test. I've taken the Comprehensive Stool test 3X for my symptoms and learned my good bacteria were severely depleted by bad bacteria each time. However my HMO won't reimburse for stool tests. I suspect they're don't understand the usefulness of those tests.

BURDEE

Seasquirt Newbie

Could you please tell me the name of a naturopath in the Seattle area who will do the comprehensive stool/bacteria test for Candida? I've been to 3 naturopaths and they don't seem to know any tests to positive identify what I keep telling them I've been struggling with for years.

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

confusedks Enthusiast

There's a test called d-arabinotol and it just came out in May of 2007. It's a saliva test. It does have to be ordered by a dr, but some Naturopaths are able to order those kinds of things.

The other side of that is that first of all, you can just go on an anti-candida diet and see how you feel. If you have an increase in symptoms, and you really crave sugar, etc. you probably have it. I don't have really high yeast, but I am on the diet anyway, as a preventative measure for antibiotics.

Another way is a stool test. It's not fun at all, but they are pretty accurate I think.

Archived