Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sarah8793

Anyone Ever Try Eating At Whataburger?

I used to love Whataburger, but I haven't tried them since going gluten-free. From what I can tell on their website, their beef patties are safe, but their french fries have CC risk because they also make onion rings. Are you sure your Whataburger location uses different oil vats for fries and onion rings? If you're sure it's only fries, I'd say it's safe.

I used to love Whataburger, but I haven't tried them since going gluten-free. From what I can tell on their website, their beef patties are safe, but their french fries have CC risk because they also make onion rings. Are you sure your Whataburger location uses different oil vats for fries and onion rings? If you're sure it's only fries, I'd say it's safe.

I have asked, and they tell me yes. But I do wonder if that depends on who is working.

I have asked, and they tell me yes. But I do wonder if that depends on who is working.

For all the fast food chain burger stops my daughter and I ask what they do with the oil from the day before.. Some have said they pour the leftovers all together and use it the next day. That is a flag for me. I just don't eat at them for the most part. I have the hamburger patty at Jack in the Box and their Ice Tea. with the veggies on the burger. I have found that to be safe for me. I eat that when I am traveling. Good luck on finding the places where you can eat in your area.

Spirit of the Home

For all the fast food chain burger stops my daughter and I ask what they do with the oil from the day before.. Some have said they pour the leftovers all together and use it the next day. That is a flag for me. I just don't eat at them for the most part. I have the hamburger patty at Jack in the Box and their Ice Tea. with the veggies on the burger. I have found that to be safe for me. I eat that when I am traveling. Good luck on finding the places where you can eat in your area.

Spirit of the Home

I never even thought about this! Thanks for bringing this up. I will call and check again.