Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holiday16

I Know This Has Been Asked A Million Times, But...

how long does it really seem to take to get over when you've accidentally had gluten? I had some on accident about a week ago. It was Wyler's bouillon and from the label I think it was because it's produced on the same machines that wheat products are. At first the reaction didn't seem too bad and I cycled through the neuro. symptoms very quickly so I thought it wouldn't be so bad.

It's been about 10 days and I'm still not feeling right. It's not super bad just low energy and I don't feel like doing anything. Right before this I had not had any "accidents" and was finally feeling better than I had in years so this makes it particularly difficult. I guess I know the answer, but it would help to know other people have reactions that last this long too. Sometimes I feel like I'm nuts for thinking feeling like this is from something that happened 10 days ago!

I can tell that mentally I'm just not back to normal yet. My reactions are slower than what they should be and my head just feels weird still. I guess one plus would be that this is the first time I've accidentally had gluten where I've been able to trace it back and know for sure. The symptoms match up with all the other times I thought I may have had gluten so I guess at least now I know all those other times I was right...

Everyone is different. Some, like me, it only takes a few hours or a few days to recover. Others it can take up to about a month to recover fully. I think some it may take even longer. Hopefully your reaction is almost over.

Mine take two to three weeks as well. The worst and most obvious symptoms are over in a few days, but after that it takes the three weeks or so before I'm my usual perky self.

Pauliina

Well, im on day 5 of an accidental glutening...still havent figured out the source....

Im glad (well, not really ;) ) to read that glutenings can last over 3 days. Usually i am better by now. I thought that was the magic number. This time is just really bad.

I hope u feel better soon!

In the beginning my time was 2 days as time goes on the reactions are getting stronger and longer up to a week and a half. Hang in there.

Yellow Rose

Thank you so much to everyone that replied. I seem to finally be over it thank goodness. It looks like this one lasted 2 weeks. Now I have to catch up on cleaning the house, laundry, bills etc. Seems like when this happens I just go into "survival mode". Hmmm, and people wonder why we're so careful when it comes to gluten...

Sometimes it just helps to hear I'm not the only one that takes so long to recover. I just have no energy during it and feel so "lazy" that it gets frustrating!