Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueeyedmanda

Suggestions For Sleep Troubles

I have a dreadful time not only going to sleep, but staying asleep. I recently read that you should take about 500 mg magnesium AND 500 mg calcium an hour or so before bed. I swear it's helping me.....I've been going to sleep fairly easily, and best of all, I don't wake up over and over. Perhaps there's a connection, I'd like to think this this is working. I've been doing this routine for a week or two now, and my sleep has been pretty consistent.

Yep, I sleep with a fan on in the summer and a white noise machine in the winter, lol.

I also take 500 mg magnesium late in the evening, lol.

I hope the Doctor figures this out for you blueeyedamanda. At least it hasn't been going on too long for you. Every time I bring it up, I'm told that it's probably hormone related since I'm 43. I do have a prescription for Ambien, but am trying all the natural remedies first. I think your working on changing it before it turns into a real pattern.

Tonight for me: Eye mask, ear plugs, drinking sleepy time tea, taking magnesium/calcium, and doing mild stretches, also using bright light therapy for 1/2 hour when I wake up.

Oh my, wouldn't it be just so much easier for me to take the Ambien!

I hope the Doctor figures this out for you blueeyedamanda. At least it hasn't been going on too long for you. Every time I bring it up, I'm told that it's probably hormone related since I'm 43. I do have a prescription for Ambien, but am trying all the natural remedies first. I think your working on changing it before it turns into a real pattern.

Tonight for me: Eye mask, ear plugs, drinking sleepy time tea, taking magnesium/calcium, and doing mild stretches, also using bright light therapy for 1/2 hour when I wake up.

Oh my, wouldn't it be just so much easier for me to take the Ambien!

But is Ambien habit forming? I am worried about stuff like that.

I don't know if it's habit forming but I love Ambien. I sleep like a baby. I have had insomnia problems since childhood, about 40 years. It works great.