Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sweetfudge

Poo Question

Blacker than black poo! Stinky! And a streak of blood on my TP. What does this mean?

Blacker than black poo! Stinky! And a streak of blood on my TP. What does this mean?

Are you taking iron supplements or pepto bismal? Both will make your stool black. If you are in pain, running a fever, or are unusually pale or are real freaked out you may want to call the doctor.

no iron. i took some pepto on sunday night. been tummy funny the past few days, either cramps or bloating or both.

Pepto always turns my poo black and my tounge too lol :lol::blink:

no iron. i took some pepto on sunday night. been tummy funny the past few days, either cramps or bloating or both.

I think you found the culprit. However if you become more ill or the dark stool does not resolve and you have not taken any more pepto you should contact your doctor to be on the safe side.

much lighter today. thank goodness!

Great news on the BM's!!! lol ;)

Yep, that's probly the pepto. The bit of blood was probably just from maybe not going for longer than you're used to and then having the anus stretched, when it's just a bit of fresh red that only shows up on the paper it's usually 'external', from the anus itself, and not from the inside of the colon. That and pepto poo can be harder than normal poo.

hm, no blueberries, but i ate plums, apples, strawberries, and drank some detox herb tea. i'm normal now (as far as bm's go anyway), so not too worried. thanks for the support :D