Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ursa Major

I Am Back From Germany

Hi everybody,

I actually got back from Germany on Friday, but have been too exhausted and suffering from jet lag, to feel like posting and participating here again before now.

Sophia Candace was born while I was away, on July 25th. We will be going to see her this weekend (she is a 4 1/2 hour drive away). Her mom is our second-oldest daughter. That brings the grandkid count up to eight for now (another one is on the way, our son and his wife are expecting their second child in January). We have six granddaughters and two grandsons. Our oldest daughter has three girls and two boys (hogging the two boys :P ).

You can see Sophia and her big sister Zoey (15 months) in my avatar.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Welcome Home! :D .....we're having some babies too. Angie and Stef are expecting any day.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Welcome back, Ursa! :D You've been missed ;)

Have fun cuddling your new granddaughter! Wow, your family is growing by leaps and bounds....

As Lisa said, we're having our own little "baby boom" here, too :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Welcome Back!!!

Guten Tag!!!

Awww, Sophia, what an adorable name. Pretty soon our celiac family will grow by two! A little boy and a girl!

We missed your Ursa.

PS-sounds like your family is still growing too!

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Welcome back and glad to hear you are a Grandma again. I have my third grandchild Ashlyn Lacey who was born on June 3rd. She weighed in at 4 pounds 7 ounces. She is up to 8 pounds 10 ounces now. Hugs, Wendy

Welcome back and congratulations!

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

What beautiful babies! And welcome back!

I don't know if you are able to get outside at all during the day, but it is a very good way to help get over jet lag. Exposure to daylight helps you reset your biological clock, somehow--the more, the better. Of course, you probably have the same dreary, rainy weather we've got, but even going for a sloshy walk with an umbrella will help.

Hope you feel back to yourself very soon!

Welcome back!!! Congratulations on the new granddaughter!! What an adorable picture!!

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.

Welcome back, Ursula...great, happy news. I hear you on the jetlag trauma...I've just gotten back from France. Six hours is a big jump!

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973

diagnosed celiac winter 2005

diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! 253.gif

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.

--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

Hi Ursula, welcome back. Sorry, I posted so late. I was kind of busy the last few days and pretty much only responded to Angie and my baby poll. Yes, we are delivering pretty soon and hopefully on our own. Congratulations on being grandma again. How sweat the kids in the picture :lol: .

Stef

Next goals:

Results for 2011:

1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting

August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)

gluten-free since 07/21/2004

Shermans Dale, PA