Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Juliebove

Parma!

I just tried this and I love it! I was a bit hesitant due to mixed reviews that I'd read about it. Normally we eat some nutritional yeast on top of our pasta. Taste is good but texture leaves something to be desired. Well, this stuff solves that problem. Alas, it is the texture that my daughter is complaining about. Hmmm... It's made of walnuts and she doesn't like walnuts. Could be why. Anyway... I highly recommend it for those of you who can't eat real cheese. And it's gluten free!

I just tried this and I love it! I was a bit hesitant due to mixed reviews that I'd read about it. Normally we eat some nutritional yeast on top of our pasta. Taste is good but texture leaves something to be desired. Well, this stuff solves that problem. Alas, it is the texture that my daughter is complaining about. Hmmm... It's made of walnuts and she doesn't like walnuts. Could be why. Anyway... I highly recommend it for those of you who can't eat real cheese. And it's gluten free!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Ever since my dairy and soy allergy diagnoses, I've either gone without cheese or tolerated the 'Chreese' powdered cheese substitute on pizza and pasta. However, since my husband was also diagnosed with dairy allergy, I would love to find a tasty alternative. He can have soy cheese, but I can't. So I'm anxious to try Parma. I checked their website and the Parma ingredients. Those are safe for me. Now I'll order some or ask if the company sends free samples to support groups. As a support group leader, I've gotten free samples of many different gluten-free food. Thanks so much for your post about this dairy substitute cheese product.

BURDEE

This looks interesting. Now I have to decide if I can have yeast. I tested just above the cutoff for yeast intolerance, but I've never noticed any symptoms. Recently I've had some products made with yeast and again no symptoms.

Oh, decisions decisions ...

OMG thanks for reminding me about this stuff. I used to get it from a little vegan shop near my house, but since I've moved from there I totally forgot about it. I must go get some! :D

I must say I love the Nacho Chreese. To me it tastes just like the real thing. But the powder? Nope. Too mustardy for me. Daughter loves it though. I make pizza for her with it and grilled Chreese sandwichs.

I must say I love the Nacho Chreese. To me it tastes just like the real thing. But the powder? Nope. Too mustardy for me. Daughter loves it though. I make pizza for her with it and grilled Chreese sandwichs.

2 years ago I bought the bulk packages of both Alfredo and Cheddar 'chreese'. I still have at least 3/4 of each package. I've tried them on soups, pizza and even as pasta sauce. I agree that they have very strong mustard and garlic flavors. I consider the 'alfredo' chreese a sauce mix, but not a cheese substitute. The cheddar chreese flavor is a little better, but I never really liked cheddar real cheese. I'm anxious to try Parma, but the online price is VERY expensive. I'll look for a local retailer.

BURDEE