Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trav

Yeast Intolerant?

Hello all!

I self-diagnosed myself here about 5 months back and put myself on a gluten-free diet, and it solved some of my problems, like feeling starving all the time, but it didn't solve all of them, like feeling half-drunk a lot of the time, and poor concentration/memory, etc. It seems like when I eat grapes, figs, or dates I have a wierd non-gluten reaction and can't think clear and also tend to pig out. Same thing if I drink the juice in canned food. I also started taking some B-supplements but had to stop because they seemed to make me get high and not think clear.

Has anyone else had any experience with any of these symptoms? Some people are telling me that I might have a yeast overgrowth in my intestine. A book I'm starting to read also talks about being allergic to yeast.

Thank you!

-Trav

"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind... and thy neighbor as thyself"

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yeast intolerant and yeast overgrowth are two seperate things. Right now, I've a large candida overgrowth in my body. You might want to google 'candida' and read more about that - it is possible, but perhaps you are just healing if you do have damage to your villi. You should probably also see your doctor, GI, or naturopath.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

The doctor did 8 biopsy from the top of my throat to the bottom of my stomach....he thought I had H-Hyploi..but I did not. I am beginning to think they are missing my issues. He gave me some pump inhibitors, that's it. I have an appt. with...
    Your doctor would run a blood tests (ask for full celiac panel) and then confirm with endoscopy and biopsy celiac doesn't always show up on endoscopy and sometimes the biopsy is what confirms.  
    How is one tested for Celiac Disease? I have had several endoscopes and the lower part too and none of the doctors have said anything about it. I have BIG issues with bloating, severe pain in my upper chest (under the chest bone), at times...