Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

horsegirl

Great Coworkers

I just had to share a great moment with everyone.

Today is my birthday, & I'd been feeling pretty low because I just went back on the gluten free diet 2 weeks ago. I know it's what I need for my health, but there's still that "mourning" period too.

Anyway, my office celebrates everyone's birthdays as a group, with a homemade treat.

I told my boss "not to worry about it" & to just bring fruit or something.

She said "no way!" to that, & did a bunch of research online. She bought a gluten free brownie

mix from Whole Foods (which was AWESOME!), & she also made a "Popcorn Cake" that had

plain popcorn, chocolate, peanut butter, & a few other (sinfully rich) things in it. :D

People at work said "if gluten free food is good enough for you, then it's sure good enough for us!"

Isn't that awesome?? It's good to feel supported, & I wanted to share this with you all.

Martha

That is awesome Martha. It should be interesting to see what happens for my birthday where I work. I put 2.00 in every 2 weeks to a fund. I think I'm getting ripped off because I can't eat what any of them choose when it's their birthday. We do get to choose what we want, but now we have a new employee that shares my birthday. I was thinking about maybe the wonderful gluten free donuts from Celiac Specialities. I'm sure they will want to celebrate our birthdays together, so I don't know that I'll get my choice. I figure I put money in and don't get to share in anyone elses birthday so I should get what I want. It is great that they went to that effort for you. Wendy

Martha...Happy Late Birthday!! It sounds like you had an excelent one. That is so nice when people take the time to "figure it out" and show they care!! Congrats on having some great co-workers.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

What a wonderful group of people you work with... I'm positive every one who works out will be envious of you & your job.... I think that is a keeper job!!!!

Glad your day was special...

I only wish my 60th had went well!!!!....

blessings

mamaw

Today is my birthday, & I'd been feeling pretty low because I just went back on the gluten free diet 2 weeks ago. I know it's what I need for my health, but there's still that "mourning" period too.

Anyway, my office celebrates everyone's birthdays as a group, with a homemade treat.

She said "no way!" to that, & did a bunch of research online. She bought a gluten free brownie

mix from Whole Foods (which was AWESOME!), & she also made a "Popcorn Cake" that had

plain popcorn, chocolate, peanut butter, & a few other (sinfully rich) things in it. :D

People at work said "if gluten free food is good enough for you, then it's sure good enough for us!"

Isn't that awesome?? It's good to feel supported, & I wanted to share this with you all.

Martha

Martha

Ancient...Windows95...platform...attacking...me...

*apologies to the mods, I tried to edit*

Martha,

Aren't supportive co-workers wonderful? So many of us spend more time with them than we do with our own families and I know how you're feeling.

Happy Birthday!

Margaret

:)

(:

:)