Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

angel42

Is Everyone Wearing Something Green Today?

I'm not sure if everyone saw the previous post about this. A bunch of us were going to wear green today, the official color of celiac awareness, in a tribute to Bette Hagman who passed away this week. I tried to get my non-celiac friends and family to wear green today to no avail. I guess if you don't actually have celiac you don't realize what a big deal it is. My husband is wearing a green shirt because he wouldn't dare not to. :) Throw on something green today, a shirt, hat, necklace, etc and promote celiac awareness!

I am wearing green and all of us are wearing your celiac braclets. My mom is even wearing green and her bracelet today.

paula

I wore a green t-shirt to my CT Scan today. Has anyone heard if they are doing any sort of memorials for Bette?

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Just a quick update. I am happy to say that two of my (non-celiac) coworkers came in wearing green! I haven't heard about any memorials. I am also part of the NYC celiac meetup group and I know on there they are encouraging people to make one of her recipes.

I am wearing green today!! I LOVE so many of Bette Hagman's recipes and I couldn't resist showing my support for all she did for us!

So where can I get one of these bracelets?? I missed something!

ptkds

So sorry to hear that about Betty. Where does everyone get the Celiac Awareness bracelets from? I just posted about that wishing we had them. I am newly diagnosed (3 months ago) so am still learning a lot about all of this.

Thanks