Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I know that Lay's Stax are supposed to be made on dedicated lines but I suspect that my son was glutened by the cheddar flavor. When he has been glutened he has D the very next day and that's it. Last week he had D for a few days and as soon as I threw away the chips his problems went away. I don't think that it was a virus, as glutened celiac D is very...distinctive. :rolleyes: Thanks in advance for all inputs.

Hi Jenny,

My son and I both had reactions to the BBQ Lays Stax. Now we don't eat any of them. We do still eat the plain Lays in the bag without a problem, though.

Gina

Maybe their flavorings are not made on dedicated lines? I know eating Frito-Lay products is really chancy, but I thought Stax were safe. Oh well.

I am not sensitive to cc, but react to any kind of flavored chips/crackers. I think the flavoring is just hard on some of us ... it's not necessarily gluten ... could be MSG.

I wonder if it is in the flavorings. I had a reaction to cheddar flavored Blue Diamond rice crackers or it could have been a mini almond joy that day. Something made my head way off.

I react to all Lay's Stax, plain or flavored -- but I don't think it's CC. Symptoms are similar to but slightly different from any other time I have gotten glutened. I dunno what it is, I just stay away now. The Lay's in the bag are fine tho, for me anyway.