Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tequila

Maki-yaki Japanese Grill

Anyone have experience eating here? It's a chain restaurant that is mostly in the LA area, but they have on in Santa Fe and I'm wondering if anyone knows of any safe items here.

Anyone have experience eating here? It's a chain restaurant that is mostly in the LA area, but they have on in Santa Fe and I'm wondering if anyone knows of any safe items here.

My husband is Japanese and we used to live in L.A. and ate Japanese alot. I haven't eaten at this place but I checked their online menue and it looks like the only thing you could have would be edamame and with a few questions and careful instructions to the chef, maybe some sushi. Ask and make sure the nori for the sush is not flavored-it shouldn't be but with chains they sometimes vary from the traditional and you never know. I'm not sure what kind of dressing the salads have but be aware that the typical Japanese vegetable based salad dressing contains soy sauce. I would ask about the mango, seafood and tuna salads, the rest clearly are not safe. All the meat marinades and sauces almost certainly contain soy sauce. Fake crab meat is off limits as is miso. The potsticker and egg roll wraps contain wheat. Sorry :(