This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Hey gluten-free Veterans!

Guest thatchickali

Guest thatchickali

I've noticed that this forum is highly trafficked but when rarely do the other threads get attention.

I encourage the people who have a lot of experience with foods, products and shopping check that forum even if you don't have questions. I think there are a lot of answers out there that are not being shared :(

(I still want to know about my kraft dressing!!)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

JennyC Enthusiast

I would not consider myself a veteran...but I usually just check the new posts. As to Kraft dressings, I don't know your question, but Kraft will list all gluten clearly. I encourage you to read old posts and do searches on this forum as well when you have common questions. In addition, the best place to get information on products is directly from the manufacturer. :)

plantime Contributor

Kraft will clearly list all gluten ingredients on the label.

You will get conflicting answers even from us veterans, so you need to also do your own research.

Guest thatchickali

Yeah the reason I posted it here is because I was looking for someone who had tried it. I suffer from severe anxiety and it's hard for me to trust telephone operators. I would rather know if someone uses the dressing with no problem, or if they have used it and gotten a reaction.

That's what I use this place for. I have called the companies, and I just want to know what others have had experience with.

gfpaperdoll Rookie

Ali, some of us veterans are not much help because like me they have moved on from salad dressing. I never buy it anymore. I use olive oil, heinz apple cider vinegar, honey & then add in a seasoning any of the following: minced garlic, minced ginger, fresh herbs, dried herbs, mustard, salsa, basil pesto (which I make from my plants & freeze) or anything else I have at the moment or think of...

I do not consume corn syrup & try to stay away from all the additives, artificial flavors & colors in that stuff... Plus I am dairy free & I do not tolerate canola oil & I try not to eat too much soy...

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular
Ali, some of us veterans are not much help because like me they have moved on from salad dressing. I never buy it anymore. I use olive oil, heinz apple cider vinegar, honey & then add in a seasoning any of the following: minced garlic, minced ginger, fresh herbs, dried herbs, mustard, salsa, basil pesto (which I make from my plants & freeze) or anything else I have at the moment or think of...

I do not consume corn syrup & try to stay away from all the additives, artificial flavors & colors in that stuff... Plus I am dairy free & I do not tolerate canola oil & I try not to eat too much soy...

I am not particularly sensitive, but I make my own dressing, too--because it tastes SO much better!

To quote Rachael Ray: "Why put bottled dressing with all its chemicals and additives on fresh greens?"

I don't even get the "pre-washed" lettuce in a bag anymore--it just doesn't taste good. I spend an extra 5 minutes washing it, spinning it dry, and tearing it, and it's well worth the time and trouble.

Anyway, welcome, Ali, and keep asking questions! Pretty soon, you'll be one of the veterans (if you aren't already)!

Yellow Rose Explorer
I've noticed that this forum is highly trafficked but when rarely do the other threads get attention.

I encourage the people who have a lot of experience with foods, products and shopping check that forum even if you don't have questions. I think there are a lot of answers out there that are not being shared :(

I am finding that I am very sensitive to CC and so far have had no problems with Kraft dressings. Since they do list all gluten not just wheat you still need to check the ingrediants for gluten but so far they can be trusted. Kraft has a lot of products that you can find on their web site. Unilever is also one that lists all gluten as well and their web site also has a company list.

Yellow Rose

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elye Community Regular

...And many of us "veterans" do not have an obvious reaction to accidental glutening, so we can't help by telling newbies which products we react to. I also don't particularly like talking to impersonal compny operators on the phone, but I've found many of the big company websites (Kraft being one of them) to be very helpful. :)

happygirl Collaborator

I answered your question yesterday about your dressing.

Knowing how to read labels will decrease your anxiety about trying foods.

Asking if they are safe vs. if someone has tried them are two separate things. If someone has tried them, it might have been a year ago, and it was/wasn't safe then....and it could have changed now. Your best bet will be to make an educated decision based on food label reading.

Someone else might not have posted because the responses you received (two about the dressing, one about the toothpaste) were accurate, and they may have felt that it answered the question.

Open Original Shared Link

Archived