Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madsrents

Gluten Free Vitamins?

So far all of the Nature Made vitamins I have looked at have been gluten free. The bottles have gluten free stated on them. Costco carries this brand in large bottles. I am not sure if they make a childrens vitamin and you will need to check that the bottle says gluten free.

For myself, I will only buy vitamins that state they are gluten free on the bottle.

Costco (Kirkland) does make a children's vitiman. I have them but they don't say gluten free on them and I am still so new at reading labelsI don't even yet trust myself to tell if they are gluten free! LOL I do know costco ahs other vitmans for kids though. I will be going this sat or Sunday and will def check! WE are costco addicts here! LOL

Gummy Vites is what we use. Our DD is 10 so I don't know what the dosing would be for a 3 year old.

My son is a little over 2 and I give him Gummy Vites. It clearly states on the label that they're gluten free & he loves them. I give him one every morning, although I think you can give up to 2 a day.

Katharine is 5 and she takes 2 Gummi Vites a day. They state gluten free on the bottle and she LOVES them. If I happen to get side tracked and forget she will ask for them! My son is 2 1/2 and also takes them he loves them too!

Does anyone have their kids on perscription vitamins with flouride? I am not sure if doctors do this everywhere or just where there is no flouride in the drinking water. Anyway, I just got a new perscription for my son and it seems that the company that makes them is in Iceland. I tried calling and got no where so I e mailed them and got no response. It is a chewable tablet and I am afraid to give it to him.

Nicole

I have been looking for a gluten-free kids multivitamin as well. Are Gummy Vites health food store / Whole Foods thing, or have you all seen them at drugstores or Wal-mart? (I live in a very rural area, and only get to Whole Foods every couple weeks because it takes nearly an hour and a half to get there.

Thanks,

Sarah

I have been looking for a gluten-free kids multivitamin as well. Are Gummy Vites health food store / Whole Foods thing, or have you all seen them at drugstores or Wal-mart? (I live in a very rural area, and only get to Whole Foods every couple weeks because it takes nearly an hour and a half to get there.

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Most major supermarkets and drugstores carry Gummi Vites. I get mine at Walgreens. It is a large bottle (I think around 120) for $10. I know that CVS and Rite Aid carry them as well. Sam's Club carries them and I am fairly certain that Wal-Mart carries them as well. They say gluten free on the side label. The bottle is clear with a white label, colorful writing and a yellow lid. Good luck I hope you find them, Katharine LOVES them!

Melissa

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Top Posters +

1. 1
    2. 2
      RMJ
      RMJ
    3. 3
    4. 4
    5. 5
    6. YOU