Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tiffjake

Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Whole Grain Rolled Oats

I know it isn't on their gluten-free Product list, but it is on their "News" page on their website. I am looking at a package right infront of me :) They do exist! :D The Barcode number is

0 (end number) 399780375 (end number) 1

if you need it to look up the bag info or to request it at your local store. I got several bags for free at the Gluten Free Summit. They said that they were waiting to find a pure field with only Oats being grown there, bla bla bla. Thats why it tooks so long to come out with them. Anyway, there is the info :)

Update - I just called Bob's Red mill to ask when the oats would be widely available. The oats will not be officially available until 9/1, and then it will take some time for the distrubutors to pick them up and move them out to the stores. Note - you will not see them on the Bob's red mill gluten-free list until after 9/1.

I am really interested in how much these babies will cost. Seems like they could bring the price way down from what we have been paying from the other mfr's.

Thanks to tiffjake for the great news! Who knew oats could be so exciting?

Update - I just called Bob's Red mill to ask when the oats would be widely available. The oats will not be officially available until 9/1, and then it will take some time for the distrubutors to pick them up and move them out to the stores. Note - you will not see them on the Bob's red mill gluten-free list until after 9/1.

I am really interested in how much these babies will cost. Seems like they could bring the price way down from what we have been paying from the other mfr's.

Thanks to tiffjake for the great news! Who knew oats could be so exciting?

You're Welcome! I didn't realize that it was a "secret" until 9/1! They were just giving them away! Maybe to drum-up conversations like that? Good work Bob's!! :)

I hate to burst anyone's bubble with these, but I've been eating them for about a month now and was reacting pretty badly to them. EAT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!

If the reaction is strong you are probably one of the celiacs who reacts to oats as if they were wheat. Some folks can't tolerate oat gluten.