Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mairin

Sample Letter To Teacher/school?

Hello

Is anyone willing to share her letter to the teacher/school re celiac for her elementary child (going into Grade 4).

I've been searching on the Internet and the ones I've come across seem complicated and very wordy. I would love to have a "tried and tested" letter that other parents have used that teachers respond to.

My 9 year old daughter was diagnosed in March and I spoke with the teacher then, but never followed up with a letter for her file. As I do not know the teacher this year, I would like to have something written to explain my daughter's disease.

Thank you in advance.

Below is what I gave my dd's teacher. She is in the first grade. Her teacher seems to have really learned alot from what I gave her and she seems like she will be wonderful with my dd this year. I also gave her a copy of a letter for the other parents, which she then copied and sent out to all the parents. You can always adjust it to thngs that your dd's school may offer. Since I live in Blue Bell Ice Cream country, I emphasized the blue bell flavors that she can and cannot have.

If you (or anyone) would like a better copy, just PM me with your email address and I can send it to you in MSWord format.

ptkds

My child, ** **, has Celiac Disease (inability to consume gluten) and cannot eat most school foods and treats.

Thank you for your cooperation in creating a wheat/barley/rye/oat-free environment for **.

Great list thank you so much! I am thinking about putting together a note for my DD's soccer coaches and team parents. Last yr they always ahd parents bring snacks maybe if they have a list the parents will be kind enough to just buy off that list if not my dd will just have to ahve a snack at home.