Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nathan's mom

How Long For Malabsorption To Reverse?

My son's recent blood test checking for vitamin/mineral levels as well as liver function had a lot of highs and lows. Some are just outside the mark, but albumin and calcium are definitely low.

He has been gluten-free for 6 months. He is not getting gluten from anywhere else. He is only 4 and I am a stay-at-home mom. I make all our bread, etc.

Anyone else's kids still not really well at 6 months gluten-free?

His stools are still big and floaty. He still only goes every other day. Most days he wakes up and tells me he is tired (his iron is fine, too).

Any feedback is appreciated - but no, he is not getting gluttened. We haven't gone out to eat either (I am definitely missing that!!!)

Thanks,

Debbie

We're getting his bloodwork done again. It's been a month since the last and I really wish we had the nutritional panel done in the beginning so we could compare from then. I did ask the doctor to add on another Ttg so we can just see if it is still elevated. I don't know where I'll begin if it is still high because I have wracked my brain with any possible cc issues and rechecked routine foods he eats for gluten. Like I said, we don't eat out and I make all the baked goods.

The doctor did say that albumin does take awhile to recover (he said 90 days, though) and albumin transports protein as well as calcium. I would just think that with kids they would heal sooner.