This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Drooling Over Gluten

someday

Guest Happynwgal2
Dear Happynwgal2,

Your idea is great! Your daughter is just a year older than me! I told my brother I would bake cookies or a pie every week for him if it meant he would do the gluten-free diet. Debbie Cakes are what he wants most. Let's see...Debbie Cakes and Intestinal Cancer, or gluten-free and no Diabetes, Intestinal Cancer, osteoporosis, or neurological problems. Can you say DUH?! :rolleyes:

Dear Someday,

One thing your husband should keep in mind. If he eats that stuff, you cannot kiss him. It will make you sick. The gluten particles hang around in the mouth a while. You might have to tell him "Give up the glu, or I cannot kiss you!" :(

I guess I am fortunate that I do not have problems with my family like some people do here...

I LOVE the idea about not kissing! HA! (Of course, I don't have a husband right now... But if I did, he'd be getting this quote in his email today!!!!)

;):D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Julie,

Thank you for the compliments! :) I do not feel it is selfish to assert our need for good health to others. They do not always understand how serious this condition is. I am probably only going to marry a Celiac and only date Celiacs. It is safer! Those with spouses should just have the mantra "No lovin' unless you ate gluten-free from the oven!"

Dear Happynwgal2,

I feel we often do not assert our needs enough. This is a serious disease. We must manage it on our own the best we can. As long as we are not ridiculously unreasonable, I see no reason why others would not comply. My relatives are mostly just stubborn. However, that may come back to haunt them later. All I can do is warn people of the problems undiagnosed and untreated Celiac can cause. I cannot force them to take care of themselves. :( What is worse, many people get hateful about it.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com:
    Donate

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17-M):

• Recent Activity

1. - Bayb replied to Bayb's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Trying to read my lab results

2. - Aussienae replied to Aussienae's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Constant low back, abdominal and pelvic pain!

3. - trents replied to mishyj's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Why?

4. - trents replied to mishyj's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Why?

5. - mishyj replied to mishyj's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Why?

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

SoCalSuzy
    Newest Member
    SoCalSuzy
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Bayb
      Hi Scott, yes I have had symptoms for years and this is the second GI I have seen and he could not believe I have never been tested. He called later today and I am scheduled for an endoscopy. Is there a way to tell how severe my potential celiac is from the results above? What are the chances I will have the biopsy and come back negative and we have to keep searching for a cause? 
    • Aussienae
      I agree christina, there is definitely many contributing factors! I have the pain today, my pelvis, hips and thighs ache! No idea why. But i have been sitting at work for 3 days so im thinking its my back. This disease is very mysterious (and frustrating) but not always to blame for every pain. 
    • trents
      "her stool study showed she had extreme reactions to everything achievement on it long course of microbials to treat that." The wording of this part of the sentence does not make any sense at all. I don't mean to insult you, but is English your first language? This part of the sentence sounds like it was generated by translation software.
    • trents
      What kind of stool test was done? Can you be more specific? 
    • mishyj
      Perhaps I should also have said that in addition to showing a very high response to gluten, her stool study showed that she had extreme reactions to everything achievement on it long course of microbials to treat that.