Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest sammya

Newly Diagnosed

Guest sammya

Hello everyone,

I was finally able to get an anwser from a doc after 2 1/2 years of searching for a diagnosis........ My blood test came back negative but a biopsy came back positive. I had been told prior to this that there was no reason to my symptoms if anything it was Panic attacks, As you can guess that doc received a rather confrontational meeting with me when i got my results :angry:

My 6 yr old daughter is showing the same symptoms as me, but her bloods came back negative same as mine, so GI has ordered her bloods re done and also doing the gene test on all of my kids, i have 4 in total... Does anyone know how long the gene test results take???? I have been on gluten free now for a week. I'm slowly learning what i can have and what i can't have, there is alot to take in.

While trying to get an answer from a doc about what was going on with me, my health was all over the place, i had iron deficieny, i ended up having a hysterectomy about 6 months after symptoms started, the doctors thought that it would help... I was 26 at the time. As you can guess the symptoms remained....

I am looking forward to learning more, and it seems this site will be of great help....

Samantha

Hi Sam,

It's a long hard battle...I hope you have better luck with this site (from a truly academic standpoint) than I have since I first logged on....but some general ifo:

Firstly, I went a long time wothout realizing that cow's milk was just as bad as gluten for me (and other celiacs) and so I suffered big time. Just check out Wikipedia to find out how milk protiens (too) act like dope on your brain..then peruse this site and understand how the medical profession has left you behind.....there is no little Purple Pill for this and so a "cure" is a long way off.....

Stick with a Gluten-free Casein-free diet to start and go from there.... I have had some sucess with digestive enzymes but you really have to "go with your gut"

Barb

Sorry.. forgot about the iron def...check all folates etc...do sublingual B12 (as methycoblamin) so your body can assimilate it ( or B12 shots if you can afford it) as well as P5P/Pak B6 tablets along with a normal Super....Again, a lot to be learned about "absorbtion" of every nutrient etc on Wikipiedia

Guest j_mommy

WElcome...it is alot to take in right away.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this or if you have read other posts but...

New toaster

replace any scratched pots and pans

replace wood cooking utensils if you use them

new colander

remember to check things like toothpaste and lipstick

Also here is the list I took shopping with me to begin with:

http://www.celiac.com/st_prod.html?p_prodi...-22107351138.40

Saves alot of frustration in the store!

Remember when in doubt of a product ALWAYS call/email the company. I have had good luck with emailing they usually get back to me within a day. I have been gluten-free for 4 months and I rarely call/email anymore unless i am trying something new!

Good Luck and Welcome again!

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Top Posters +

1. 1
    2. 2
      RMJ
      RMJ
    3. 3
    4. 4
    5. 5
    6. YOU