Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

debmidge

Bed Quilts

I am looking for a quilt or a line of them that is long enough to be used as bedspread and omit the "shams." A quilt that is long enough to go over the bed pillows like a bedspread. Does this exist?

I don't like the shams as they attract dust (it looks pretty though).

any suggestions?

If you have a double bed, buy a king size. It will not come down to the floor, but usable for a bedspread.

I have a queen and use a king size comforter. I don't use a sham and it works well enough to cover for a bed spead.

I don't like shams because they are only dust mops. :(

It is more expensive, but you can get one made. Just go to your local farmers or craft market and talk to the people working the quilt booth.

If you already have a quilt you really like, just buy some cheap material to stitch on the end (that would be the part that you would be tucking in at the foot of the bed, so it wouldn't have to match), and that would then give you enough room at the top to go over the pillow.

Guest Happynwgal2
I am looking for a quilt or a line of them that is long enough to be used as bedspread and omit the "shams." A quilt that is long enough to go over the bed pillows like a bedspread. Does this exist?

I don't like the shams as they attract dust (it looks pretty though).

any suggestions?

Go to second hand stores - I have seen some wonderful quilts there. You need to open them all up to see what kind of condition they are in, but I have seen many that are simply adorable and very pretty. I think often people get just tired of what they have, and give it away. You may have to look for a while until you find one that is just right for you, but it would be worth the wait.

One of the best places to find quilts in good shape, is Deseret Industries - they have stores in many large and medium size cities. Look in the phone book for your area.