Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gdobson

Paper Mache' And Play Dough Recipes Needed For School!

My children just changed schools and the new school has been very supportive and interested in learning what they need to do for my son regarding celiac disease, but they asked me if I could get gluten-free recipes for paper mache' and playdough for the art teacher to use.

Anyone have recipes for either of these?

Thanks for any help.

Gina

Just found this--

For 1 to 1-1/2 cups of paper mache paste, mix together:

1 cup original Bette Hagman flour mix

1 tsp xanthan or guar gum

1 cup lukewarm water.

Continue adding water (about 3 cups), mixing well in between, until all the lumps are gone. Bring mixture to a boil in a saucepan & cool completely. To make paper mache pulp, place several sheets of junk mail or newspaper torn into tiny pieces) into a blender or food processor with some water & blend well. Strain the pulp using a colander or sieve. Mix the pulp with one Tbsp or more of white glue if allowed based on food allergy. For projects that require strips, tear newspaper into long thin strips. Dip the paper into the paste mixture above & scrape the excess off with fingers. Layer the paste covered strips onto your project.

All of Elmer's products are gluten free except for some finger paints. We did a paper mache project with my son last spring and just used elmer's glue that was watered down. My "recipe" which I got off the internet, was 2 parts glue to 1 part water. I did not measure anything, I used a little more water than they said, and the project turned out fantastic.

Thanks guys!

I really appreciate your help. I finally got a school that is willing to work with me, and I didn't want to let them down right from the start.

Thanks again!

Gina