Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DestinyLeah

Stress Reactions?

As of late, I have been working more hours, and dealing with a more stressful environment.

I have also been eating on the run, which occasionally brings a visit from the CC Fairy, always a fun experience.

I was wondering if anyone else has noted a much more aggressive reaction to gluten accidents when under high stress?

I am currently reeling from yesterday's CC'ed fries, and the effects today are worse than the usual ones immediately after when I am under less stress.

And I am terribly sorry for disappearing from the boards for so long, I have been horribly busy. My few free moments are dedicated to the restroom, Potassium supplements and my bed. I cannot seem to go more than a few hours without feeling emotional and physically drained, and I live in New Orlens, but have been standing over the oven at work in long sleeves in attempts to stay warm!

Please, tell me I am not lone.

You are not alone! First off, big hugs. I hope that you can find some time for yourself and get healthy again. I, too can't get rid of d when I am stressed or anxious. I think your body's weakest spot is compromised when stress is an issue. For me, and sounds like for you that is your gi tract. I go back to school tomorrow, so I get anxious about maintaining this schedule and missing my kids while I work, work, work. (I'm a teacher) I've had d for a week and don't think I've had any gluten.

For me exercise does help calm my nerves. I have to get up extra early to do it, but even 15 min. on the treadmill helps me out.

I hope some sanity will come your way soon.

Best wishes,

Terri

I found that when I am stressed, I not only have worse reactions to cc, but also need to simplify my diet. Stress seems to require me to go back to my very simple diet that I had during the first couple of months after diagnosis. The treats that I had done alright with for a while (occasional chocolate, raw veggies, beautiful salads, and more), were suddenly causing problems again.

Give that a try and see if it helps.