Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kyliekatiesmom

School Supplies

My little celiac 4 year old starts school next week and I was wondering if I should be worried about gluten in her school supplies like glue or other things I haven't thought of....... I know she isn't going to eat the stuff but it could be on her hands still at snack time. I won't be there to make sure she washes her hands properly. Anyone have problems with certain types of supplies I should avoid? Or recommend brands I should definitely buy? I get the supply list from the teacher today so it would be nice to know before I head out shopping tomorrow. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

from what ive read on here elmers glue is safe, as well as the glue sticks i just so happened to buy (i cant remember the brand name right now) so i would assume you dont have to worry about glue. PLAY-DOH is not gluten free. I know she probably wouldnt eat it at 4, my three year old wouldnt. Make sure you either tell her teacher she must wash her hands after play-doh and wipe down the tables (if you're comfortable with that) or buy or make gluten free play-doh for the whole class. There is a post a while back with a bunch of school supplies links about stuff that is safe and unsafe! good luck!