Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FinsUp

Yoplait Label Says Gluten Free

I'm sitting here eating Yoplait Thick & Creamy Strawberry Banana yogurt, and I notice it says "gluten free" right on the label below the ingredients. There's a 2007 copyright on the front. Anyone know when they started labeling with the words gluten-free? My son is our resident celiac, and we've only given him Yoplait since going gluten free.

I noticed it too, the last few batches we've bought. We're loyal Yoplait eaters anyway so it was nice to see them add this to the label. DD loves the cherry yoplait and it's one way I can get her to eat dairy and get some calcium into her as she's not a big dairy fan otherwise.

I started seeing this a few months ago, one word of caution though the cherry vanilla does NOT have the gluten-free label, it was my DS's fav and he was wondering for a long time where he was getting gluten. I called yoplait to see if maybe it was just older containers but some part of the flavoring in that one wasn't safe. This was a couple months ago so I don't know if it still applies to that flavor. Be sure to look for the gluten free label on each flavor.

I was confused about why some containers say gluten free and others do not, so I called them. I was told that Yoplait will continue to list all gluten in the ingredients, they are General Mills company, and that some of the yogurts just don't have the "gluten free" label yet. According to them, even if the container does not have the gluten free label and there are no gluten sources in the ingredients, then it is still gluten free.