Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Virgie

Minnesota Support

I'm from here. I am actually noticing there are alot of people here that have Celiac and aren't hard to find. There is a Gluten Free Food Fair in St. Paul on Oct. 6th!

Are you from the Cities then? I'm about 50 miles from Mankato.

Hi! Just wondering if any Minnesota people are on this board, and if they belong to a support group.

Thanks.

Virgie

I'm from MN, but am not part of any support group - yet. I was only diagnosed 3 months ago and have gotten most of my information from my doctor and online. Joining this community was my first step toward a support group. When I met with my dietician after the diagnosis, she gave me a folder with tons of flyers of groups in southeast MN. Not sure if I will join one or not - I'm not much of a "joiner".......

I too would appreciate more details about this weekend's food fair! If anybody has any, please post.

HERE'S THAT INFO FOR ROCKFEST/FOOD FAIR GLUTEN AND WHEAT FREE!!!!! :D

ROCKfest-A Celebration of a Gluten-Free (Raising Our Celiac Kids)/Gluten-Free Food Fair

Oct. 6th, 2007

9-10am-Donna Korn presents "Living Gluten-Free and Loving It"

10:30-12:30pm GLUTEN-FREE FOOD FAIR

Admission is free but you might want to bring some moola to purchase any items at the food fair-there should be alot of samples though.

***Danna's presentation is targeted to individuals of any age who are wheat-free or gluten-free

Where: OLSON CAMPUS CENTER

1490 Fulham Street, St. Paul, MN 55108

(East of Hwy 280 and Como Avenue)

driving directions may be found on Luther Seminary's website:www.luthersem.edu/

We have a very active support group meeting monthly in Minnetonka. Last night we had a Pizxza Tasting party. People brought favorite recipes and also had some from local restaurants.