Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

enchantedlot

Pamela's Pancake And Bread Mix

Hi, I'm new to this board, and fairly new to Celiac Disease, one of my twin daughters was diagnosed in May. I was wondering if anyone could help me. I bought a case of Pamela's Gluten Free Pancake Mix, they were really inexpensive 6 24 oz. bags for $5.00 the case was $30.00. Unfortunalely, the daughter without Celiac Disease is allergic to Tree Nuts, and I didn't realize they were in this mix. Amazon will not return it. Does anyone know of a posting or listing that I could advertise to sell these. They are unopened, and still in the amazon box. I would appreciate any help, thanks !

Hey--that's a bummer. I don't know of an Internet option for you to off the baking mix, but what if you put up a flyer at the local celiac support group meeting, or the local gastroenterologist's office, or even a naturopath's office (those naturopaths are always telling their patients to get off wheat). I bet you'd rid yourself of the mixes that way, and you wouldn't have to ship it.

Good luck.

Oh, My 11year old son is celiac (me too). Here are some of his favorite foods:

Fruity Pebbles, Cocoa Pebbles and Dora the Explorer Cinnamon Stars (I know--sugar! but it's gluten free so gimme a break)

beef jerky

deli turkey and provolone cheese rolled up in a big lettuce leaf

Fritos, Cheetos, tortilla chips and salsa, or with bean dip

rice cake with hummus

Lara Bars (these have tree nuts, tho)

Zone Bars (Fudge Graham, Chocolate Coconut Crunch, and Chocolate Almond Raisin are gluten-free)

Fresh fruit

Dried fruit

Cottage cheese with chopped tomatoes on top

Cottage cheese with yogurt stirred in

Burger with a corn tortilla for a wrap, or a lettuce leaf for a wrap

Susanna

• Forum Discussions

Thank you Ranchers Wife.  Since I'm asymptomatic, I would not know if I had gluten. I cannot imagine having to worry about getting sick from cross-contamination. 
    Hi Jenna1028, They test for DH by taking a small skin biopsy from clear skin next to a lesion.  If you have DH, you have celiac disease.  But, you need to be eating a gluten diet for 12 weeks (gluten challenge) before getting the skin bi...
    @anasss Nobody in this thread has called anyone "ignorant," so please don't say that if it did not happen. Also, the use of all capitals is, in forums and other places on the Internet, generally considered yelling and impolite, and there ...