Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueeyedmanda

Angie's Baby Is Born!

thanks amanda...

Angie,,she's just precious.

hugs and congrats again.

judy

Hi everyone! Thanks so much. I just got home a few hours ago. Annika and I are both doing very well. The c-section went exceptionally well and I have been virtually pain free for the most part. :) I know, amazing, right? I think it has something to do with hormones released when nursing or something. :) Anyway, I'm glad to be home finally. I will try to get some pictures up on one of our sites at some point this week. They put a new picture up on the online baby gallery for those of you who looked early on. The new picture is much, much cuter than the one that was up before. She looks so happy and content!!!

*edit* Okay, I just changed my avatar to the baby gallery photo of Annika. :)

Angie!!

Welcome home, glad to hear you are doing well. Annika's head of hair is adorable! How is Big sister Tori doing? I hope she does well with all the changes. :):) Welcome back, we missed you :)

Angie:

This is a poem that I keep on my mirror in my bathroom and read it every day and I thought you might enjoy it:

I look at them and see two sisters

connected by more than blood and

shared existence.

Two sisters who will draw strength

and encouragement for each other

as they move through life.

I look at them and see two sisters,

two lovely daughters, and wonder what

I have unleashed upon the world?

Hugs to all your family,

Tori's having a rough time adjusting. She really wants to be by Annika's side constantly, even when she's sleeping and she throws a lovely tantrum when she can't be. She even climbed into the crib today to try to stay close to her. She's also very quick to throw a tantrum over little things. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for her. She's very tired today, but wasn't able to get a nap with all the excitement of mommy coming home.

That poem is beautiful. Who wrote it?

Ohh poor Tori, I hope with some sleep she will be better. I am happy to see her wanting to be around Annika, that is better than rejecting her. I bet in a few days everything will settle down and things will start sailing a bit more smoothly.

Hi Angie & cutie pie,

What a beautiful baby, & I love all that hair. I'm sure to Tori this is like a new baby doll & she can't get enough of her but it will fade off after awhile. Esp. when Tori finds out you have only two arms, leg & hands & she can't always be first to get what she wants.. Reality will set in that that new baby doll needs attention so I would start to give Tori some jobs to help with baby so she doesn't feel neglected .... She will feel like she's the big helper & of course you couldn't do those chores yourself!!!

Our daughter had two sons & we went through this a while ago.. I honestly think it is nice to have one of each sex (less competive) but on the other hand all the clothes & toys can get used twice....

Tori is a cutie pie too but I bet you will have your hands full for awhile until things settle down.....I remember the first one giving the baby some soda in a bottle while mommy was using the bathroom, another time the baby was given mashed potatoes cold at about 4 weeks old!!!! The older one got so upset when we tried to explain that babies could not have those foods yet.. We have a good laugh about that now & at times we wonder how the second one made it to be normal.....

MOTHERHOOD isS to say the less a challenge but the rewards are wonderful....

I always tell my children that I let them live so that I could have grandchildren to spoil & give them back when I'm tired of them........

May God give you Peace , patience & understanding....

mamaw

Angie ~

Annika is beautiful! I love that picture of her!

Things will settle in for you soon. Like the others have said, the newness will wear off and Tori will become the big girl helper bringing you diapers and such.

Congrats!!

I just wanted to pop in and give a quick update. The nurse came out to our house today for the home visit and Annika is 7 lbs. 9.5 oz. She's doing very well. At the hospital she was slightly jaundiced and the nurse thought that her color looked great now. :) She's still sleeping most of the time, but when she wakes up she's very alert and LOVES her big sister!

Tori starts school tomorrow. I'm praying that things go well. She will be eating gluten at preschool. Hopefully that will go well. She hasn't had gluten in probably a year and a half so I'm very nervous, but I'm glad that we'll finally be able to test. We already have the Enterolab kit here and ready to go. The school knows what's going on and they're very willing to work with us. Tori met her teachers the other day and is still excited to go to school. I can't believe my big girl is off to school already. *sniff sniff*

Hi everyone! Thanks so much. I just got home a few hours ago. Annika and I are both doing very well. The c-section went exceptionally well and I have been virtually pain free for the most part. :) I know, amazing, right? I think it has something to do with hormones released when nursing or something. :) Anyway, I'm glad to be home finally. I will try to get some pictures up on one of our sites at some point this week. They put a new picture up on the online baby gallery for those of you who looked early on. The new picture is much, much cuter than the one that was up before. She looks so happy and content!!!

*edit* Okay, I just changed my avatar to the baby gallery photo of Annika. :)

Oh Angie! She's beautiful!

I'm sorry I missed this. I haven't been looking around the board recently and was just waiting for an update on the Baby Poll thread.

Hope the first day of school went well for Tori. I'm glad she loves her little sister and that the feeling is mutual. :)

Tori LOVES school! She threw an absolute fit when we came to pick her up the first day because she didn't want to come home. She said she had so much fun. :) She had gluten for the first time on Thursday at school. So far so good. It makes me insanely nervous though. I can't wait until we can test. We're doing the gene test on her too.

Annika is doing very well. Nights are rough sometimes, but then sometimes she only wakes once. :) I'll take that. I know it could be much worse. She's still not awake very much during the day, but I know she will be soon. She's really taken a liking to a few of her toys. She LOVES looking at the lights on her bouncy seat. Its so neat watching them develop likes and dislikes, even this early on.

I'm doing very well by now. We went to the mall this evening to get nursing shirts for me. I was slow moving, but at least I was able to get out and about. It felt really good to be out of the house and walking. I can't wait until I'm feeling well enough to get out more. I really can't wait until I can drive again.

I have pictures of Annika posted at http://guhlmotors.com/Annie.html .

I saw the new avatar on a different thread....had to pop in to say Annika is just adorable. Congratulations!! :)

Tori LOVES school! She threw an absolute fit when we came to pick her up the first day because she didn't want to come home. She said she had so much fun. :) She had gluten for the first time on Thursday at school. So far so good. It makes me insanely nervous though. I can't wait until we can test. We're doing the gene test on her too.

Annika is doing very well. Nights are rough sometimes, but then sometimes she only wakes once. :) I'll take that. I know it could be much worse. She's still not awake very much during the day, but I know she will be soon. She's really taken a liking to a few of her toys. She LOVES looking at the lights on her bouncy seat. Its so neat watching them develop likes and dislikes, even this early on.

I'm doing very well by now. We went to the mall this evening to get nursing shirts for me. I was slow moving, but at least I was able to get out and about. It felt really good to be out of the house and walking. I can't wait until I'm feeling well enough to get out more. I really can't wait until I can drive again.

I have pictures of Annika posted at http://guhlmotors.com/Annie.html .

Annika always has the cutest expressions. Good to hear from you Angie!