This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Venting

tmk

tmk Explorer

this is just a vent to let off some steam -- i had a EGD/biopsy 2 weeks ago and he told me to call him for results 3 days after the biopsy and now it's TWO weeks later and he still hasn't looked at the lab results (he's got them back, but hasn't looked at it yet)! urg -- thanks for letting me vent! <_<

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest j_mommy

KEEP ON HIM!!!!!! You have a right to know your results! I would call every day until you get them!!

Vent all you need to! :D

Lisa Mentor
this is just a vent to let off some steam -- i had a EGD/biopsy 2 weeks ago and he told me to call him for results 3 days after the biopsy and now it's TWO weeks later and he still hasn't looked at the lab results (he's got them back, but hasn't looked at it yet)! urg -- thanks for letting me vent! <_<

I would plop myself down in his office and not leave until he saw me.....and make a loud noise like your avatar!!!!!! I hate it when doctors are so inconsiderate of their patients.

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Go to the office and demand copies of the report, it is your legal right. Once you get them if you haven't seen him yet for translation you can post the results here and I am sure one of the medically savvy folks can interpret the results that are given. I would do this even if your doctor does see you as some doctors do not fully disclose lab results or will call, for example, a low positive a negative result. And as hard as it is to believe some doctors do not recognize changes that are celiac related.

JennyC Enthusiast

I too would go down there demand a copy, and tell the receptionist that if he won't see you, then you will make another appointment with another doctor to explain the results to you.

tmk Explorer

thanks for all the support! i think i may go the route of my primary doctor -- she has to get all the results forwarded on to her anyways and i think she may be better at getting them out of him than i!

thanks again for letting me vent -- you guys all rock! :)

crittermom Enthusiast

Isn't that frustrating... I did a sleep study on July 24th and still haven't heard anything. I called my pcp and their ofice hasn't heard anything either. But don't worry the hospital that did the test was able to find the remaining balance and get the bill out to me ASAP!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I would go and also demand the copy of the result. You should have had results by now. Even if there were problems with the samples, they would have known by now and had to call you to tell you.

Archived