Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ravenwoodglass

Adrenal Support Needed And gluten-free Cf Sf Probiotic

I am at a bit of a loss here and hope someone might have some advice. It's a long and sordid tale but I am at the moment without either doctor or naturopath. I'm tired of being poisoned although I realize that I am a toughy to treat with celiac, soy and dairy intolerances. Me ex-naturopath has prescribed some Symplex F 7780 to try and help with my adrenals. At least that was safe for me to take but as not much else he gave me was I can't go back. Is there anything OTC or food related that could help my adrenal system get back to where it should be? And how about a soy free, casein free, gluten free probiotic, does such a thing exist?

Ravenwoodglass,

If you have known adrenal insufficiency, you cannot,repeat cannot be without a physician to prescribe corticosteroids. It is downright dangerous. Lack of cortisol and also lack of thyroid hormone to the Nth degree is incompatible with life. Maybe you do not have Addison's disease...if not, please disregard my warning.

If you really 'just' have adrenal fatigue (which is bad enough), you can buy things at the health food store. One extremely good product is AOR classic series Adrenal. That was what my naturopathic doctor had me take (it wasn't enough in my case), before I went to Germany and was diagnosed with Addison's disease.

The Genestra Brand of probiotics would be safe for you.

No answers for your first question. Try Kirkman for Gluten-free Casein-free probiotics. Do a search online and it should come right up as Kirkman lab. They cater to allergies, autism, and so forth.

Ravenwoodglass,

If you have known adrenal insufficiency, you cannot,repeat cannot be without a physician to prescribe corticosteroids. It is downright dangerous. Lack of cortisol and also lack of thyroid hormone to the Nth degree is incompatible with life. Maybe you do not have Addison's disease...if not, please disregard my warning.

I really don't know if I do or not. The naturopath that 'diagnosed' me based it on a questonairre about my medical history and on basal axillary temp readings. Now I did note that the temp scale he gave for a normal reading was an oral one, if I remember correctly from classes long ago the axillary reading should be between about 96 and 97 which is what mine was. Of course he was also pushing lots of other stuff, most of it not gluten-free, CF, or SF and telling me the small amount of these substances would not bother me. Sure it won't. I took the first med for 1 day before a gluten reaction occurred. When I had diverticulitis and subsequent pancreatitis from the antibiotic (allergic reaction) wouldn't an adrenal insufficiency have shown up on all the blood work they did? I would think if I was insufficent I would have some sort of symptoms but any I had seem to have resolved with cutting casien and soy. Maybe I just need to find a GP and not even tell them my history.

Thanks for the suggestions for the probiotics, I will see if they carry them at my local health food store, if they don't I am sure they will order them for me. I am not really sure I need them at this point as I no longer have any GI symptoms to speak of CF and SF. I gained back 5 lbs in a bit over a week after I dropped the other stuff out of my diet. At least until the naturopath glutened me then I lost 3 again. I have been steadily losing since March when I had the diverticulitis. I am starting to wonder if the illness and the med reaction could have caused these other intolerances to become active. I know with gluten that will excaberate but not sure about the others.

I take a very strong probiotic called Theralac. I purchased it online. It says: contains no yeast, eggs, corn, soy, gluten, wheat, casien, salt, or beef products.

It is expensive, but you take less so I think it works out to be economical.

Thanks for the suggestions for the probiotics, I will see if they carry them at my local health food store, if they don't I am sure they will order them for me. I am not really sure I need them at this point as I no longer have any GI symptoms to speak of CF and SF. I gained back 5 lbs in a bit over a week after I dropped the other stuff out of my diet. At least until the naturopath glutened me then I lost 3 again. I have been steadily losing since March when I had the diverticulitis. I am starting to wonder if the illness and the med reaction could have caused these other intolerances to become active. I know with gluten that will excaberate but not sure about the others.

RWG,

I think a GP is what you need. Maybe a youngish sort.......not too close to training but not so far along they are set in their ways! Kind of sounds like a marriage!!

The best screening tests for Addison's are serum sodium(will be low); serum potassium(will be high) and 24 hour urine cortisol(will be low). Hope this helps :)

I was pretty much intolerant to everything....I couldnt find any supplements that didnt make me sicker. I eventually stopped all supplemens and immediately started to gain weight and feel better.

Even though I felt better I still wondered how I'd ever really regain my health if I cant take anything??

I also have adrenal fatigue due to all of the stress on my body from other factors. None of the Dr.'s could help me because everything they gave me caused a worsening of symptoms.

I started seeing a whole new set of Dr.'s who do alternative testing. I've had a ton of muscle testing as well as electrodermal screening (which is done on a computer). All of my "issues" come up clearly in muscle testing. Whatever is needed to treat these conditions is not randomly chosen....I'm tested for everything...even the dosages.

Its not always easy and sometimes I have to be tested for multiple brands of something (even as basic as Vitamin C)....until they can find the one which my body responds well to. If I dont respond well to anything there are usually other options and they keep looking to find what will work.

After more than 4 years of not tolerating anything the newest Dr. has gotten me up to about 30 supplements that I'm taking to address various things. This is only in 5 weeks time. I have done well with everything that was selected for me which is truelly amazing.

The only supplement that I did not do well with was the one for the adrenals. I generally dont do well with alot of herbs. They couldnt find anything that I could take for adrenals so ended up making homeopathic drops which I take daily. Eventually as I get better I'm tolerating more things and should be able to take one of the adrenal preparations eventually.

So this method has worked for me and I'm finally making big strides towards regaining my health....without making myself sick in the process and without wasting money on things that I end up reacting to. My Dr. only uses the high quality supplements which are pretty much free of all allergens, preservatives, etc. Evenso....its still a challenge to find the ones that my body wont have problems with...for whatever reason.

If all else fails and you're not getting anywhere I would highly recommend a Dr. who's got alot of experience with chronic illness and who is an experienced muscle tester. :)

P.S.

Most people who are chronically ill do have adrenal fatigue....its almost a given. It occurs when the body is under constant physical or emotional stress. Its basically a symptom caused by other things which might be causing a great deal of stress on your immune system and keeping you ill. Treating the adrenals may help some...but usually wont fix the whole problem.

I dont know of any blood test that accurately diagnoses adrenal fatigue....its basically a syndrome....identified by a collection of symptoms. Its a true condition but theres always a reason behind it.

I am at a bit of a loss here and hope someone might have some advice. It's a long and sordid tale but I am at the moment without either doctor or naturopath. I'm tired of being poisoned although I realize that I am a toughy to treat with celiac, soy and dairy intolerances. Me ex-naturopath has prescribed some Symplex F 7780 to try and help with my adrenals. At least that was safe for me to take but as not much else he gave me was I can't go back. Is there anything OTC or food related that could help my adrenal system get back to where it should be? And how about a soy free, casein free, gluten free probiotic, does such a thing exist?

hi , sistergoldenhair here. Wow i have had the same problem. I was so tired I thought I was going to die. Started to wonder about my own adrenal system. I have worked with herbs and supplements for years and have learned alot. I take a formula called "End Fatigue" Adrenal Stress-End. It is made by Phyto Pharmica. There is no gluten, soy, dairy, sugar, salt, artificial flavorings or preservatives in this formula. Everything is natural. Has vit. D, C, B6, Betaine L-Tyrosine, Licorise , Adrenal Polpeptide Fractions, mmmm, yummy :D and Adrenal Crtes Extract, mmm more yummy stuff! I don't know how you feel about digesting glandular organs but I was at the end of my rope. They are derived from Bovine source. Here is the whole address, no phone# on the bottle. Phyto Pharmica,

Div.of Intergrative Therapeutics , INC, Green Bay, WI 54311 Hope this helps! Take care sgh ;)

Check out these sites for info on adrenal fatigue. Lots of good stuff there:

stopthethyroidmadness.com/adrenal-info. There are home tests you can do to see if you really need to do any further testing. I suggest you do the home tests first, before plunking out the cash for the testing.

drrind.com also has some good AF info, although its combined with thyroid stuff.

tuberose.com/adrenal_glands.html. This site gives an excellent overview of adrenal fatigue.

You can do a 24-hour cortisol saliva test to check for adrenal fatigue. Its really the most accurate way of finding out what's going on. The main problem with other testing methods is they are either a one-time blood test, or its an average of your daily cortisol output. Neither takes the variation of cortisol level patterns during the different stages of adrenal fatigue into account.

Canaryclub.org members (free and no spam) get discounts from labs. I suggest going through DiagnosTech, since their saliva testing seems to be the most comprehensive and they test DHEA as well. It runs around $141 for the test, so if you can afford it, its probably worth the money to know.

A lot of people use Isocort, which is an OTC adrenal cortex supplement that contains cortisol, but no adrenaline (which is a good thing). Unfortunately, I can't use it because like you am dairy-free, and Isocort is in a milk sugar base. I'm currently taking Mil Adregen. Its a dessicated glandular that doesn't seem to cause the shakiness that other dessicated glandulars cause for me. Its expensive tho.

Hope this helps. :)

I'm responding to this a little late but it took me a while to get the info. My sister works at a hospital pharmacy and has been diagnosed with adrenal fatigue through a women's health center. Both the health center and the pharmacy recommend and stock the following for their patients, after having researched it. Sis is doing very well on it. No prescription necessary, although they recommend medical or self analysis(as explained by Dr. Wilson) to determine the dosage. Dr. James Wilson, Future Formulations, Adrenal Rebuilder. He has a website and book. The supplement she takes is not herbal or vitamin based but contains glandular secretions for lack of a better description. I don't know if its for you but it's another option out there.

I have been tested by saliva and have adrenal fatigue. ( I do not have celiac disease my son does)

My thyroid tested ok.

My Dr also tested all my hormones and I was lacking in progesterone.

My alternative md prescribed me progesterone, Licorice root and panax gensing. I was on the licorice root for only 3 months then he took me off of that and switched to Astragalus.

You should not take licorice root long term

Information for adrenal fatigue show sleeping at the correct time of the day and sleeping enough hours are extremely important for recovery.

I hope you get the information you need.

Good luck

Karol