Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

georgie

Please Help

Is this DH ? I have 2 symmetrical patches of ITCH on the inner crease of my foot to ankle. The itch is undescribable but its a hard lump. Like a callous but its red and itchy. Could this be DH ? I have horses and have been walking in / in foot contact with - wheat hay. The raised lumps are about 1cm x 2 cm. Cortisone cream is not helping a lot. :(

I don't know if it could be DH, but it certainly sounds like an allergic reaction to the hay (those may be awful hives, that would happen to me). You may need to wear boots that stop you from getting in contact with the hay when looking after your horses.

In the meantime, try icing those spots and taking antihistamines. I don't know if anything else can be done, but maybe somebody else has better suggestions.

Thanks. I realised my shoes had elastic in them - so have scrubbed them with soap and water. I now wear diff shoes to the hay shed. Tonight I had another severe reaction after walking in there but it is easing now a little. I was a little concerned a few hours ago as the allergic reaction seemed to be spreading. However, as I type - it feels in control again.

Maybe wearing socks would help? I found that when I had hives, and I scratched, they would spread and get really inflamed, red and terribly swollen. And of course, that would be awfully annoying and drive me crazy! I still sometimes get that, but not nearly as often.

The symmetry of it makes me suspect DH. I haven't been able to find ANYTHING on the internet about any other skin rash that is symmetrical. :( Doesn't mean there isn't anything--could just be the typical lack of real knowledge amongst MD's...

Sounds like DH to me, however, most people don't have a reaction to external exposure to wheat unless extremely sensitive. My feet drive me crazy when I get a DH flare up -- itch like crazy. :o

Is this DH ? I have 2 symmetrical patches of ITCH on the inner crease of my foot to ankle. The itch is undescribable but its a hard lump. Like a callous but its red and itchy. Could this be DH ? I have horses and have been walking in / in foot contact with - wheat hay. The raised lumps are about 1cm x 2 cm. Cortisone cream is not helping a lot. :(

My DH was never a hard lump, they were always small red itchy pimples, that would mushroom into more after a few days. sounds to me like you got bit by an insect and you might be having a reaction to the bite.