Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canadian Karen

Mommagoose In North Carolina!

Thinking of you today when I heard that Gabrielle is coming to shore in the Outer Banks! Even though it is not a full fledged hurricane, 85 mph winds is nothing to take lightly!

Lay low!

Hugs

Karen

It's nice to know someone is thinking about you!!!

Currently, the wind is blowing about 20mph and no rain yet. The Tropical Depression is suppose to come ashore at Hatteras, continue to Nags Head and then turn east off shore. Early evening we should get some action, although slight.

We are about 50 nautical miles inland and don't really expect much excepts a little wind and with great hopes RAIN. We are 15 inches below the average rain fall. The farms are pitiful.

Not to worry about this one Karen. Just hoping for rain.

hugs

UPDATE: The eye should cross over us sometime early evening with about 30mph winds. Maybe Gabby will dump my neighbors new lawn furniture into my back yard. :P

I know, you were the first person who came to my mind this morning as I watched the weather channel. Next was my best friend in Troutman NC.

This has been a rather quite season again. I pray it stays that way :) Keep safe, Momma Goose.

Guest j_mommy

Lisa, You are in my thoughts. We just had storms come through last week that had 70 mph winds...not fun!!!!

Hope all is well!!!

Jess

UPDATE: The eye should cross over us sometime early evening with about 30mph winds. Maybe Gabby will dump my neighbors new lawn furniture into my back yard. :P

Now that would be GREAT! Thinking of you too!

We are calling Tropical Storm Gabrielle "Gabby" because she was all talk and no action!

We are mid way into hurricane season, but the most active.

Thanks to all my friends and your good thoughts. ;):)