Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam's Mom

Garlic Naan

Hi!

Oh how my family has missed Indian food and especially garlic naan. So last night I was throwing together some Indian simmer sauce and chick peas and paneer and I thought to myself - I can do this!! And, I have been thinking about it for a while so I have seen that the common compnent of naan is yogurt so this is what I did:

1 package of original chebe (in the red bad)

2 eggs

2T oil

a little parmesean cheese for good chebe luck

1/3 Cup of plain yogurt

Make it into a soft dough. Split it into 4 pieces, roll them out into pretty thin ovals, then put them on a non greased cookie sheet. Mash up about as much garlic as you are into and sprinkle on top of each dough. Then drizzle a little olive oil on top and rub it around the top with your fingers. Pop it into a 375 degree oven for like 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Sooooo good. We all loved it. And, super duper easy and quick. Give it a try!

Barb

Excellent question . . . next time I open a bag of Chebe I will measure it and let you know. Looks like the only ingredients are tapioca flour, tapioca starch (didn't know there was a difference) and salt. I would think you could just use tapioca flour. I thought I once read a recipe for making your own chebe mix, but couldn't find it.

I am going to experiment with this and will let you know.

Barb

I tried making chebe-type bread with just tapioca flour, and it definitely did not work! The dough never turned elastic, it just made a super-viscous fluid. It was very strange.

If you do come across a recipe for making your own chebe mix, please let me know.

This naan recipe sounds super-good, I'll have to try it as soon as I get more chebe mix!

-Em