Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nic

Halloween Cookies

My mom always bought the kids a specialty made chocolate for halloween. You know, like a jack o lantern or a witch. Now that my son is dairy free as well as gluten free, the chocolate is out but she still wants to do something special for halloween. Anyone know of any good holiday type cookies? I was thinking of maybe a butter cookie of some sort.

Cherrybrook Kitchen has a way delicious sugar cookie mix that is dairy free and gluten free. It has been my favorite sugar cookie so far. We made Christmas cut outs with it last year.

I use Tom Sawyer all purpose gluten free baking flour and an old fashion cookie cutter sugar cookie recipe. For the butter I use Fleishman's light margarine which is gluten-free, Dairy Free and Soy free. We cut out the cookies with "insert holiday here" cookie cutters and then have a ball decorating them with different color pillsbury icings and other assorted gluten-free goodies! :D

Enjoy Life makes soy and dairy free chocolate chips. You can get Halloween molds and make chocolates that way.

I second that! I have made my dd chocolates for Valentines Day and Easter using the little plastic molds that are at Michaels. They're only a few dollars and then you've got them for next time.

I have also made sugar cookie cut-outs using pumpkins, bats, ghosts.

Last, I just saw a really cute thing with cupcakes arranged and frosted appropriately to make a big pumpkin. It was in the latest Kraft Food and Family magazine. They may have a picture on-line.

I'm going to try that this year.

Last year - around Thanksgiving someone posted a Pumpkin Cheesecake type recipe that was made in cupcake tins....

It was like a mini pumpkin pie.

I think I'm going to make them with Chocolate chip facial features, so they look like little Jack O' Lanterns.

They were yummy! Try a search and see if it comes up....I'm not sure where I placed the recipe. If I find it I'll come back and post.

Eyeball cupcakes. Get a gluten-free cupcake (or cake) mix or find a recipe. Cover with white frosting, put a gummy Lifesaver in the middle and then put a dark jellybean in the middle of the Lifesaver. Use red frosting in a squeeze tube to make lines that make the eyeball look bloodshot. These were a hit even with college students.

Richard

Eyeball cupcakes. Get a gluten-free cupcake (or cake) mix or find a recipe. Cover with white frosting, put a gummy Lifesaver in the middle and then put a dark jellybean in the middle of the Lifesaver. Use red frosting in a squeeze tube to make lines that make the eyeball look bloodshot. These were a hit even with college students.

Richard

great idea, i love it!

Wait, Fleischman's Light Margarine is soy, dairy AND gluten free? Are you serious???? OMG!!! Can someone post the ingredient list, I can't find it.

Kassandra

Sorry, I'm so so excited because I am daiary, gluten and soy free and can't ever find a margarine free of these things.

I go to familyfun.com or the kraft sites for good ideas. Last year I made a whole dinner called "dead man on worms"... it was just a meatloaf shaped into semi-human form served over spagetti. No, I don't get carried away... why doyou ask? :rolleyes: