Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

~alex~

Timing Out?

Often when I post, it will not work and I will have to log back in and repost. It is not a big deal as the page it goes to has a copy of what I just tried to post that I can copy and paste to post again. Is it because I take too long posting and I time out?

I am definitley not complaining; I think this board runs very smoothly and efficiently. I just was wondering if this happens because I take too long to post or if there is something that I am doing wrong.

Thanks

When you post, your post goes to the end of the list of topics.

Moderators regularly look for new posts. Once a mod has seen the topic, they will usually "pin" it bringing it to the top of the list in that subject area. We may also move the post to a better suited topic area. The time for this to happen varies. Although there are a number of us moderators, there can be a significant time while none of us are active. Also, in some cases, the topic may not be immediately pinned if we (or some of us) are unsure where it fits, or whether it fits at all.

If the post appears to violate one of the board rules, a moderator may mark it invisible, pending review by the adminstrator, Scott Adams (user name "admin"). Invisible topics/posts can only be seen by mods. Mods can change visibility, but cannot delete posts--only Scott can do that.

As far as I know, "timing out" is not an issue on this forum.

Peter, one of the moderators.

Alex--you could never be a nuisance! I know what you're talking about--it's happened to me, too.

I don't know what causes it, it had never happened to me in the 2 years I've been here. Then, about 3 months ago, my husband bought me a laptop computer and the problem began to happen to me about this time. We had installed a wireless router off our main computer, so I thought it had something to do with that. (It probably doesn't)

It only seemed to happen if I was taking a longer time posting--which I tend to do B) . It would bring me to the page you describe where I could copy what I wrote and paste it into another post.

For me, it has not happened again for a while now. I don't know why it happened, or why it stopped. How's that for being helpful! :lol:

Hopefully, Scott will see this thread and have a better explanation. :)

For me, it has not happened again for a while now. I don't know why it happened, or why it stopped. How's that for being helpful! :lol:

That's actually very helpful. :) It's good to know that it happens to someone else. I thought that it might be something I was doing wrong or something wrong with my computer/internet.

It's a very smart feature that the page it goes to has a copy of the post so you can copy and paste it and not have to retype the whole thing.