Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Glutenfreefamily

Calcium Supplement For Kids With Intolerance Or Allergy

We have recently discovered my 3 year old has a casein intolerance and I was concerned about her calcium needs since she refuses to drink rice milk and is going through her picky foods stage.

My dr. recommended Kirkman Calcium Powder enriched with Vitamin D Dietary supplement powder (hypoallergenic). Adults can take it too. They told me for an adult dosage it is 1/2 teaspoon a day (1000mgs calcium 175 iu vitamin d) and for my 3 year old her dose would be 1/4 teaspoon and I could put it in her juice or applesauce.

They also give you a list of foods and drinks to put it in. It is casein, gluten, soy, wheat, corn , milk, sucrose, artifical color, flavorings, preservatives and yeast free. Its not a bad price either for a big container it was $20 with the shipping of $7. It eases my mind alot regarding her calcium and I thought I would mention it to others who are dealing with the same issues.

We use the Kirkman chewable calcium which tastes great and is easy to chew. If you order smaller bottles or lighter items over the phone they give the option of USPS priority mail which is cheape. We used their BioGold chewable probiotics -again tastes good but very expensive -It was worth the money as my six year old liked them. He had a hard time with powered vitamins/probiotics mixed in juice/food. We drink Vances potato milk which has the same amount of calcium as cows milk and is great in baking. I originally found it at Kirman's site but its cheaper ordering from Vances.