Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darn210

Brown Rice Flour

I keep hearing how wonderful Annalise Roberts cookbook is and am expecting it in the mail shortly. I've also heard that she recommends a fine ground brown rice flour. I know the white rice flour from the asian market is definitely finer than what I have gotten at Wild Oats. Has anybody purchased brown rice flour from an asian market? If not there, where do you get your fine ground brown rice flour?

I use the brown rice flour that Annalisse Roberts reccomends, which is by Authentic Foods and I find it is far superior to all the rice flours I used before. It is pricey, but I think it makes a huge difference in the end product.

You can get it on line, and you'll end up paying about $10 for a 3 lb bag. But you can mix it with cheap-o potato starch and tapioca flour from the Asian market. A 3 lb bag will make about six dozen muffins four layer cakes, four dozen chocolate chip cookies, a peach crisp, peach ginger scones and a couple other things that I can't remember. (this is what I made with the last bag I bought, and there's still some left. It goes a long way, compared to buying gluten-free goods at a bakery. The place near me charges $3.50 for a brownie!