Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Motorboater

Support Group Near Lagrange Il

I am in Oak Lawn (South Suburbs) and I am willing to start one! I see that someone else posted from Oak Lawn last spring, but sadly has not returned to the forum since May. We are gluten and corn free in our house for my son who developed a tic disorder last year. He is now doing fabulous after testing revealed his allergies. I have been gluten-free myself and feel much better too. I would love to start a group. Please email me: ctalty15 at gmail.com. I could start a yahoo group page very easily and we could pick a night to have monthly meetings to share recipes, shopping tips, time savers, etc... whatever! to make this easier to manage in the long run. We could brainstorm and research restaurants and stores in the area and make our info public to help others in our area. I noticed that the Jewel store in my neighborhood and the Dominicks near my mother's house carries gluten-free products. Let's do this! If we can band together we can make our own lives so much easier! I have seen the elaborate websites for other area support groups. That would be fabulous here!

I also have a blog with my recipes posted: http://healthy-family.org

Get in touch with me, and anyone who comes across this post in the near or distant future.

Caryn

Willing to start a group in the Geneva, St. Charles area. Don't know if that helps you at all. I have a public space to offer but am looking for people to help me get things started.

I'm looking for a group near LaGrange also. I heard there is one in Brookfield that meets at the library every 4th Thursday of each month. I emailed them about it maybe a month ago and haven't heard anything back. I think I'll check it out this month. I've never been to a support group... =)