Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lonewolf

Glutened

I was out of state attending my aunt's funeral earlier this week and got horribly sick the day after the funeral. I usually don't eat pork, but the ham, sliced tomatoes and carrot sticks were the only things I thought were safe at the dinner after the funeral. I was actually fine that day - I had a small piece that was an "inside" piece. The next day we had more ham and I got a bit of the outside and noticed that it was crunchy and sweet. Somewhere in the back of my mind I told myself that I should have tried to find a label for that ham. About an hour later I got the first hint of a stomach ache. Not long after that I started running for the bathroom. Luckily it all stopped, except for the stomach ache that I still have, after about 24 hours and I did fine on my cross-country flight home.

I did a search here and found out that Honey Baked Ham is NOT gluten-free. So I'm pretty sure it was that since I hardly ate anything else the whole time I was there besides fruit, vegies and some safe deli turkey.

So please beware of Honey Baked Ham!

The VAST majority of hams are gluten-free. Honey Baked obviously is not and you should check any that are commercially honey glazed. Wheat will be the problem and it must be listed.

richard