Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emily Elizabeth

Sunday Morning Guiltless Banana Pancakes! (simple, Healthy And Gluten Free!)

Hey all! I wanted to share my excitement! I have been working this recipe since I was diagnosed back in May. Before I was diagnosed, I had a wonderful whole wheat pancake recipe that had virtually no fat or sugar and had a good deal of fiber. After going gluten free i wasn't going to give up my ability to have guiltless pancakes! The recipe was getting to be pretty decent, and then I discovered Buckwheat flour. Adding that made the pancakes taste like my old whole wheat version! I am so excited! I posted the recipe on recipezaar.com incase anyone is interested!

http://www.recipezaar.com/252138

(recipezaar says it has 94 calories, but they don't include the garbonzo/garfava flour)

I like to make these on Sunday mornings so I can have leftovers during the work week. For healthy toppings, I suggest fat free yogurt and blueberries. I also like to put sliced banana on top and then microwave it for about 1.5 minutes. The smell of cooked banana is wonderful! Yum!

Of course, if you are like my husband, you won't be concerned with the healthy part and will like the recipe much better with chocolate chips, rice flour instead of buckwheat, cooked in loads of butter and drenched in syrup! :rolleyes: It certainly isn't guiltless anymore, but I have to admit it is pretty good!

I hope you all enjoy it! I'd love to hear how you like them or even how you modified it to make it your own!

Emily

Thanks Emily, I haven't tried buckwheat yet I am looking forward to though :)

lovelove

Hey all! I wanted to share my excitement! I have been working this recipe since I was diagnosed back in May. Before I was diagnosed, I had a wonderful whole wheat pancake recipe that had virtually no fat or sugar and had a good deal of fiber. After going gluten free i wasn't going to give up my ability to have guiltless pancakes! The recipe was getting to be pretty decent, and then I discovered Buckwheat flour. Adding that made the pancakes taste like my old whole wheat version! I am so excited! I posted the recipe on recipezaar.com incase anyone is interested!

http://www.recipezaar.com/252138

(recipezaar says it has 94 calories, but they don't include the garbonzo/garfava flour)

I like to make these on Sunday mornings so I can have leftovers during the work week. For healthy toppings, I suggest fat free yogurt and blueberries. I also like to put sliced banana on top and then microwave it for about 1.5 minutes. The smell of cooked banana is wonderful! Yum!

Of course, if you are like my husband, you won't be concerned with the healthy part and will like the recipe much better with chocolate chips, rice flour instead of buckwheat, cooked in loads of butter and drenched in syrup! :rolleyes: It certainly isn't guiltless anymore, but I have to admit it is pretty good!

I hope you all enjoy it! I'd love to hear how you like them or even how you modified it to make it your own!

Emily

Thanks, Emily. I used to LOVE banana pancakes, especially drenched in maple syrup. I can't have dairy, eggs, gluten, cane sugar or vanilla anymore. So I'm anxious to try your recipe (with Ener-G egg replacer). Instead of butter, I put coconut butter on my pancakes. I'm sooo glad I can still have maple syrup. I LOVE pancakes soaked in maple syrup! LOL

BURDEE

I can't have dairy, eggs, gluten, cane sugar or vanilla anymore.

Wow! My heart goes out to you Burdee! I feel sorry for myself all the time and I just can't have gluten. Thank goodness you can still have maple syrup! These restrictions certainly make us thankful for the things we still can have.

You may like the recipe best without the buckwheat flour (rice instead). Buckwheat has a distinct flavor, so I don't know if it will be for everyone, but I sure like it!

I hope you enjoy the pancakes!